View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 02:27   Link #5011
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Move the story along? We just had months of backstory. This was literally the first chapter in the present since like Spring. This chapter had Snow White show off new abilities, Fenrir agree to help Quatre and Phobos, Naina and Fenrir back story, 3 mobile suits revealed and a fight set up for next chapter so we can possibly see one of the 3 Gundam. I recall someone saying Warlock lost the cloak. This chapter was packed with stuff. Whether you like it or not is a different story.
I will be frank, I take umbradege with FT as it. Then Sumizawa tries to expand on Preventer 5 story, which in my opinion, was already a fanficy-like story. The way the situation was dealt with in the original story itself (in Ep.0 manga) was soooooo farfetched, round about, and very counter intuitive to what we know of the pilots that it just felt wrong and out of place, kinnda forced, like when you have those filler episodes in which all the cast of an anime go to hang out at the beach/ hot spring/ spring break/ (insert random event time here) for no significant, plot developing reason.

Sure, you can say we got the formal introduction of Noin's bat-crazy brother as the new evil-doer who isn't happy with the way the war turned out (and as Mariemaia had shown, not many people were). But really, why MUST he have been someone that the pilots had meet 30 years prior to the current story? No one did anything/ recognized him when he became president of the Mars Federation? I would have thought that at least WuFei, whom I though is working for the government would have said something. "hey, higher-ups, I don't talk to you often, you might think this is crazy, but I meet that guy once, and he's evil, we need to take him out..."

Warlock lost it's Jedi cloak, we'll probably get art of one of the other MS suit (and I don't mean gundams)... We were trolled for a good 2 years before getting HeavyAr-, I mean, Prometheus.

And I totally got sidetracked with all the odd ends of this story, but how did Jr.'s obsession with filing his nails help the story progress?

Has anyone else wondered why Noin goes by Noin and not the family Noinheim name?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-10-19 at 02:52.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote