View Single Post
Old 2018-09-05, 14:27   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv175
*Graphic Designer

^ The anime scenarists probably took the same logic as the game, although using the time leap machine instead of the reading steiner, which didn't fix the "blind spot" time period in any version of SG0.

As far as I can tell, it is mostly done in order to confuse and make the audience as puzzled as Okarin once he is awake in 2036.
We basically followed the perspective of the "digitalized" version of Okarin which was stuck in the time leap machine that failed to send him to the past (which is kind of silly since the creation of the time leap machine was supposed to be part of the attractor field in the Beta world line too with Maho). So we never got the perspective of the "original" Okarin who was alive from 2011 to 2025.

Anyway, I didn't make any comment for a while to see what the scenarists were trying to do. While I understand the scenarists tried to elevate Okarin's impetus to save Kurisu by adding Mayuri in the mix, this really affected the pace of V&A part, but also provoke some major inconsistencies.
That's pretty much the reason why I was worried about a possible "merge" of the routes, and the result isn't exactly satisfying in my books.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-09-05 at 14:38.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote