View Single Post
Old 2008-04-08, 01:54   Link #105
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

The animation quality is stellar! It resembles so closely to the manga that makes me squee in delight. I hope this quality in character and background details keep for the rest of the series. (And I hope the series is long. I don't like very long anime series but for once, I actually want this series to be long. XD) One major thing about the anime that I totally love is the animation of the eye colour - changing to blood red in their blood-thirst mode. That's something you can't get from a static black & white manga.

All the seiyuu fit perfectly to each character. When VK was announced to be animated, I was afraid of what type of voices Kaname and Zero will be given - especially when I found out that Kaname's voice will be played by the same seiyuu as Yunoki in La Corda since I didn't like his voice there but now I see that he made slight changes that fit perfectly for Kaname. WHOO!...they are PERFECT! I pretty much imagined Kaname to have that smooth, soft, silky tone with an undertone of darkness. Very nice. And Zero's voice is beyond excellent.

The comedy was well-placed. Unlike some anime where the serious tones are abruptly interrupted by comedy, VK did the transitions between seriousness and comedy quite smoothly. I love the principal's expression when he got his desk fixed by Yuuki.

The music...I'll be the first in line to get it when the OST is out. I love the OP. I think it fits quite well. And the ED theme is quite good too, providing a darker feel to the closure of each episode.

Overall, the first episode meets my expectations and had me melting with all the hot bishies
Spoiler:
. *fans self*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
It's Kaname Clan.

It starts off slightly light-hearted but gets darker as the story progresses - you can already sense the underlying tone in this first episode.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote