View Single Post
Old 2005-12-31, 00:06   Link #50
wao
OK.

Who knows if the different animation styles is supposed to signify how there are multiple worlds?... Though if each animation style is a different world, my head REALLY will spin... Maybe that'll explain how NOBODY seemed to notice the fight in episode 12...

Apparently this is a Satelight thing though - their director, Kawamori, explicitly stated that it's the company policy to allow such things to happen. I think it's because all the correcting puts a lot of pressure on the animators and might make them unhappy, and he's expressing the interest of the animators to spend more time on the movement and less on the faces.

Usually I'd agree with that, but it mustn't be forgotten that the animation isn't the only part of the anime, even if it might be the most redeemable part of it. I think episode 2/7 just went too far - the art style completely destroyed the image of the characters, despite the story and voice and all (because obviously how a character is portrayed visually will definitely say a lot about it!!). There is a limit to how different you can make the images... and the thing is, there isn't even a real purpose behind it (I can still accept it if they look wildly different for comic purposes or because of extreme emotions or something like that). Yeah, that means I didn't really like Hakkenden 10 as a part of the series... if you consider it as a standalone thing though, then it's different...

I seriously do not wish that animation director to do anymore AD-ing for Noein. I'm sure I'm not entirely alone in saying I don't want to see everyone moe-fied and looking like the typical anime style, and especially where there's so much detail and shadows but little actually good movement...

EDIT: These white smilies are freaking me out a little...