View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 16:13   Link #132
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Naruto has simply become an entirely too unrealistic character...but, I still prefer him coming in and upping the battles to their extremes and actually moving the story along to the endless meandering that is currently occurring. It's nice to see side characters get their little fights, but when said fights have little bearing on the actual story let alone the main characters I begin to loss interest quite fast. (In many respects, I feel like Naruto represents the audience and the shinobi in Naruto's way that prevent him from entering the war represent Kishimoto...)
Is Naruto even moving the story? If Kishimoto has him take out some ET zombies, like the jinchuuriki for example, he'd be accomplsihing no more than the side characters. His actions would have no bearing on the actual story. Outside of him going straight for Madara or Kabuto, he simply becomes another player in the war. No different than Kakashi, Gaara, Shikamaru, Ino, Kankuro, etc.

It seems like the only character who can move the plot is Madara. Either by changing the nature of this war or by capturing either Naruto or Kirabi. That's why based on the preview, I am looking forward to this next chapter. Other than that, there is very little Kishi can do but continue with the battles. We still have side characters like Gaara, Neji, and Hinata who have yet to fight.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote