View Single Post
Old 2017-04-24, 18:36   Link #667
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
“Honk-mama... are you Ok?” asked Kasumi, feeling concerned at the sight of her kneeling mom crying over the fallen Katsuhiko Jinnai, “Is Uncle J Ok?”

Honoka then wiped the tears away from her eyes, and did her best to compose herself.

“I'm... I'm fine, Kasumi.” Honoka said with a forced slight smile to Kasumi, “Uncle J had a tough fight against a very bad man. So... he's resting now.”

“He bleed a lot!” shouted Kasumi, amazed at how bloody Jinnai's clothes now were.

“Yes, yes he did.” Honoka replied, becoming a little chocked up, “But it's going to be Ok, Kasumi. It's going to be Ok.”

Honoka, still on both knees, reached out to her daughter, and brought her daughter in close to her with a snug hug. Honoka then petted her daughter's head.

“It really is going to be Ok, Honoka.” came a voice very familiar to Honoka, echoing through an almost empty subway terminal.

“Eli!” Honoka shouted out, as she turned her head sideways to see Eli Ayase walking down a flight of steps towards her.

Eli was wearing a very sleek and professional navy blue outfit, including a jacket and knee-length skirt. Most noticeable was how Eli was holding what looked liked a hand-gun in both hands. Eli stealthily but cautiously raced over to where Jinnai's body now lay. Eli did this while keeping her head on a swivel, on the lookout for any threats. Once Eli determined that the coast was clear, she knelt down on one knee and looked closely at Jinnai's soul gem tie. Eli then breathed a sigh of relief.

“Though faint, there's still some light left in it.” said Eli

“He's going to live, Honoka.” stated Eli as she made a reassuring smile towards Honoka.

“You can tell that just from looking at his tie?” Honoka asked Eli.

“Yes.” confirmed Eli, “There's something I've kept secret from you and many of our old friends, because it's a matter of national security. But given what's happened today, and given Admiral Jinnai's role in it, I think you should now know this, Honoka. I'm now an agent of the Metahuman Affairs branch of Japan's most secret intelligence agency.”

“...Wow.” replied Honoka while blinking a few times in surprise, “Really?”

“Yeah.” replied Eli, “I can tell you later why I decided to become that. But trust me when I tell you that I know a lot about the puella magi. And one thing that I've learned is that a puella magi can recover from anything, as long as she has enough soul gem power to perform such a regeneration. And that also applies to Admiral Jinnai, as he's a puer magi. His soul gem tie has darkened substantially, but there's still a tiny bit of light showing in it, and that light appears stable. Given his limitless power reserves, I am confident that he will be able to heal his body back to full health if given time to do so.”

“That's such a relief, Eli!” exclaimed a widely smiling Honoka, tears rushing out of her eyes as she then happily wrapped her arms around Eli's shoulders.

“Confused...” stated Kasumi Kousaka, “I do not under...underrrstand. But if Honk-mama is happy, I am also happy.”

Kasumi then smiled up at Honoka, causing Honoka to blissfully smile back at Kasumi.

“I'm glad you and your daughter are happy, Honoka...” stated Eli with a shy grin, “But we still need to get you, your daughter, and the Admiral to a secure location.”

“Maybe I can help with that.” came another new voice to this scene.

Honoka and Eli then turned about to face an orange-haired red-eyed girl in her student uniform. A girl that Honoka had briefly met once before. A girl that was now strangely glowing, as was her Selector that was standing next to her. A girl named...

“Takami Chika.” said Honoka, “And... you're glowing!”

“You know this girl, Honoka?” Eli asked her.

“You should try to keep up on current school idol activities more, Eli.” answered Honoka, “This girl is the leader of a new school idol group called Aqours.”

“I'm glad you know about that, Kousaka Honoka.” replied Chika shyly with a slight blush, “And I'm here for a reason relating to Aqours.”

“It's the same reason for why we're both glowing!” added in Windy, “I was prepared to make a wish for Chika herself, as I'm a big fan of Aqours. But Chika wants to make a wish for you, Honoka.”

“A wish for Honoka?” asked Eli, “How? You didn't make a contract with Kyubey, did you?!”

Honoka chuckled nervously over that.

“No.” Windy answered Eli, “We received a wish by winning three games in the Shadowverse hollow game realm. It's a long story, really.”

“Anyway...” interjected Chika, “The reason I became a school idol is because of you, Honoka and also you, Eli. It's because of μ's! So I owe a lot to μ's. Honoka and her green haired friend also helped me out a lot yesterday. I...I want to move forward. With Aqours as its own group charting its own course. But before I can do that, I feel like I have to give back to the people who inspired me, and the person who helped me yesterday.”

“That's very sweet of you, Chika.” stated Honoka with a warm smile, “But you don't have to. You must have your own wishes.”

“Before I was inspired by μ's, I didn't know what I wanted.” replied Chika, “Please, let me do this for you, Honoka!”

“That green-haired guy...” said Windy, looking around Honoka and Chika, “He looks badly injured. With him being Honoka's friend--”

“He'll live.” interjected Eli, “I'm very confident of that. And I think we should all respect Takami's heartfelt wish. But I also think we should keep that wish as an ace in the hole.”

“An ace in the hole?” asked Honoka.

“Don't forget, Honoka, that Tokyo is still in serious danger.” answered Eli, “And a lot of damage has been done to Tokyo over the last hour. I'm not sure what specific wish would best help Tokyo right now, and that's something we might want to think about.”

Eli's concern was warranted, particularly given what was happening elsewhere in Tokyo.

A loudly grunting Kyouko and Mami were both just blasted against the hard concrete wall of a building in Tokyo. Ambulance and police car sirens blared, as panicking people rushed in horror from a green-suited purple-haired man. This green-suited man then proceeded to blast away at a couple cop cars, causing both to flip high into the air.

Ha ha ha ha ha!” laughed Satomi Kou, at the destruction that he was causing.

But one man was determined to not let death be added to that destruction. And that man then caught the two descending cop cars, turned them right side up, and set them both down safely. Satomi Kou was not amused by this rescue, so he sent a powerful magical blast directly at the man who had just rescued the police officers inside their cars.

Aaaarrrghhh!” cried Super R, as he was flung fifty feet back by Satomi's blast.

Satomi then walked menacingly towards Super R, with billowing smoke accentuating a scene of growing destruction.

“I intended to finish off those annoying magical girls that interrupted my fight with Jinnai.” said Satomi, “Then I was going to find Jinnai, and finish him off! But perhaps I will find even greater satisfaction in destroying this planet's leader of heroes.”

And so Satomi would face Super R, in a fight that would determine the fate of Tokyo.

Chapter 10
Kaname Madoka's Independence Day

Satomi's fight against Super R wouldn't be the only one of importance right now, though. There was also Apostle's fight with Tatsuya Dark. The fight between the two combatants had spilled out of Otonokizaka Academy, and had since seen them fighting down streets and unto rooftops of smaller buildings. For the most part, the two combatants were successful in blocking and withstanding each others attacks, but about one out of every ten attacks would see one combatant send the other one reeling, such as the kick that Tatsuya had just managed to deliver directly to Apostle's midsection.

This kick caused Apostle to spiral wildly backwards, causing a group of people to part like torn drapes, hoping to avoid being crashed into. Apostle started to hesitate at the thought of his fight against Tatsuya causing harm to innocent bystanders. And Tatsuya made use of this hesitation in order to deliver a very painful kick to Apostle's shins. The pain was enough to cause Apostle to scream out, as he collapsed to one knee. Tatsuya then jumped unto Apostle's back, essentially wrestling him from behind.

“I don't know who you are.” Tatsuya said to Apostle, while applying a choke-hold to him, “And that bothers me. Let's see who's beneath the mask.”

Apostle used both hands to try to free himself from Tatsuya's hold, but this would prove pointless as Tatsuya shifted his hands to the inner edges of Apostle's helmet. Tatsuya then stood up and lifted Apostle's helmet off, all in one swift smooth surefooted motion.

“Now, turn about and face me.” Tatsuya said to him, “I will know the face of my enemy before I eliminate him.”

“...Very well.” said Apostle, standing up “My disguise has already served its purposes."

Apostle then turned around to face Tatsuya. While Apostle's orange hair was new to Tatsuya, Apostle's face was much more familiar. Tatsuya was stunned by it.

Akuma Kousaka.” replied Tatsuya, “How is that even possible?!”

“The replica Mitakihara Town had a gateway in it.” answered Akuma Kousaka, “A hidden gateway that only Homura or a Homura herald could make use of. And I made use of it in order to stall Homura's rescue while disguised as Apostle.”

“But why?” asked a genuinely perplex Tatsuya, “As you alluded to, you're Homura's herald.”

“Yes.” confirmed Akuma Kousaka, “But more importantly, I'm her friend. As her friend, I wanted to make a wish for her before the replica Mitakihara Town faded away thanks to Homura awakening.”

“You are a weird one.” Tatsuya said to this, “Perhaps I should take you alive.”

Tatsuya and Apostle – or, rather, Akuma Kousaka – then continued their battling. Once more, they began to exchange punches and parries, kicks and blocks, and slashes and dodges. Akuma Kousaka could feel himself tiring from the fight. In comparison, Tatsuya seemed to have limitless stamina, befitting of his Gary Stu nature. In a couple minutes, Tatsuya once more gained the upper-hand on Akuma Kousaka. Once more, Akuma would find himself locked in a choke-hold applied by Tatsuya.

“I'm going to choke you out, Akuma Kousaka.” stated Tatsuya, “Then I will hand you over to Dr. Gero to study. Be thankful that I have found you interesting. Otherwise, I would simply kill you.”

Akuma Kousaka tried to break free from Tatsuya's hold, but to no avail. Akuma could feel himself gradually losing consciousness. He prepared for the worst. But then...

“This looks like a job for Super R!” came the voice of a certain madman, “Alas, you'll have to settle for moi, le Chapelier Fou!”

Then the recuperated Kogetsu Shirogane made a dramatic save of Akuma Kousaka! Kogetsu Shirogane did this by pulling out a giant mallet, and motioning to hit Tatsuya Dark over the head with it again.

“A Gary Stu never falls for the same trick twice!” exclaimed Tatsuya Dark, as he effectively leaped away from Kogetsu's attack.

But in order to do that, he also had to release Akuma Kousaka!

“Can you keep Tatsuya busy while I power myself up?” Akuma asked Kogetsu.

Oui oui!” Kogetsu answered enthusiastically.

Kogetsu then raced at Tatsuya, while Akuma began a certain incantation. At the same time, Bandit Keith hoped that Real American would prove to be an incantation of inevitable victory for him and his Team America friends.

It was currently Bandit Keith's third turn, with Maximillion Pegasus holding a health advantage of 19 to 16 over Keith. Both players had used a coin bet, resulting in Pegaus having an endless army of 4/3 Ultimate Carrots, while Madoka once more became Ultimate Madoka, enabling her to summon Hulk Hogan as though he was a Shadowverse follower. But as Ultimate Madoka, she could no longer attack the enemy leader directly.

“I now end my turn.” said Bandit Keith, having no cards in his hand that were 3pp or less.

“Interesting...” said Maximillion Pegasus, beginning his fourth turn, “I see Hulk Hogan has an ability simply called 'Real American'. I presume this is where his rush capability comes from. Yet you did not attack with him last turn. So let's see what his base stats are. Wait... a mere 2 attack and 2 defense?! All that drama last turn for that, Keith?! He's a glorified Fighter. You sacrificed Madoka's ability to attack all for that? Mwaha-ha ha ha ha ha!”

Fighter is one of the weakest and most basic followers in Shadowverse. He costs 2 pp points to play, and he has 2 attack and 2 defense, that's it. He has short spiky brown hair, a stern look, a sharp sword, basic leather armor, and a blue cape. Hulk Hogan indeed appeared to be simply Fighter with rush, an ability that enables a follower to attack enemy followers the turn the rush follower comes into play. Rush is essentially a weaker version of storm.

“Well...” continued an increasingly confident Maximillian Pegasus, “So much for Team America! So much for Hulk Hogan!”

Pegasus then summoned two more Ultimate Carrots, filling his board with three 4/3 Ultimate Carrots, one Valkyrie's Spear, and of course the LRIG Kanna. Pegasus then had Kanna attack Bandit Keith directly for 2 more damage, taking Keith down to 14 health. Pegasus then had the Ultimate Carrot which was played last turn attack Hulk Hogan.

“A glorified Fighter once more falls to an Ultimate warrior.” joked Pegasus, “Good bye, Hulk Hogan!”

Ultimate Carrot was reduced to 4/1 from his fight with Hulk Hogan, while Hulk Hogan appeared to be destroyed.

“Now it's my fourth turn, Pegasus.” said a smirking Bandit Keith, “And given what Real American can do, it's your last turn in America!”

“Huh?” asked Pegasus.

Real American doesn't just give rush.” replied Bandit Keith, “It gives a Last Words effect that's so powerful it could be its own constitutional amendment. If Hulk Hogan is the target of an enemy follower's attack, and dies because of it, then his last words effect causes him to be resurrected and hulked up. It hulks him up to a 10/10 with storm! He becomes a truly ultimate warrior in America!”

“How... How can this be?!” asked Pegasus in furious frenzied fright.

“A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit.” Madoka said sternly towards Pegasus, quoting Thomas Jefferson.

“That's right, sister!” exclaimed Hulk Hogan, “And Real American does one other thing. Every time I attack the enemy leader directly, I get to do a free Legdrop of Doom on him. This counts as me doing double damage to you, Pegasus!”

“10 doubled is 20...” said Pegasus in abject horror, “I'm going to lose.”

“Attack!” shouted Bandit Keith, commanding Hulk Hogan forward at Pegasus.

And Hulk Hogan would indeed bring it all crashing down on Pegasus, which means that Keith would get to make a wish! But would Hooves and Freyja be successful in preventing Rune-Playing Lord Roid of Windermere from making a wish that could be disastrous for Earth? The handsome Roid was garbed in his usual regal white attire.

“I see we meet again, traitor.” Roid said to Freyja.

“I am not a traitor...” replied Freyja with a pained expression on her face, “I love Windermere just as you do.”

“It's true.” confirmed Hooves, “Freyja never stops talking about how much she loves Windermere apples.”

“If anybody here is a traitor, it is I...” said Roid's LRIG Mikumo Guynemer, “I regret opposing you like this, Freyja.”

“It's not your fault, Mikumo, I know that.” replied Freyja.

“That's pretty obvious given how Roid has Mikumo completely wrapped up in thick rope from neck to toe!” exclaimed Hooves, “Man, Roid, you have some... interesting tastes.”

“My taste is precautionary refinement.” replied Roid, carefully adjusting his glasses, “Wrapped us as she is, the Star Singer must obey my every command. And since I go first, I command her to sing her song of mutual pacification. I make this command with the words Rudanjal Rom Mayan!”

Mikumo then made a wide-eyed open-mouthed expression as though something in her mind shattered. Transparent yet perceptible waves of energy pulsated out from Mikumo's mind, and they struck against Freyja, quickly locking Frejya into a trance-like state.

“What... What are you doing, Roid?!” asked Hooves.

“You are witnessing Mikumo's passive LRIG effect.” casually answered Roid, “It puts both herself and the enemy LRIG into a trans-like state, meaning that neither LRIG can have any impact whatsoever on the game. This simplifies the Shadowverse game in a way that I like.”

“Damn it...” said Hooves in frustration, “That makes my coin effect useless. My coin effect, WALKÜRE WORLD, enables Freyja to give any allied follower +1/+0 until end of turn, for each of my turns.”

“Oh?” said Roid in great pleasure, raising one eyebrow, “It seems that my victory this day is assured. Ah, if only Keith could see me now!”

“I'm not going to lose to you!” Hooves shouted defiantly at Roid, “I still have Crystalia Tia and Elf Girl Liza and so many Roaches that it would even impress former Bugrom Empire Supreme Commander Katsuhiko Jinnai!”

“I see.” replied Roid with a mocking grin, “Let's get this battle started then. I will now make my first card play!”

As Hooves prepared for Roid's opening card play, Kotohono would prepare to face Carol Malus Dark.

“Before we begin...” said Kotohono, “I want to know what your wish is.”

“I doubt that you truly want to know that.” replied Carol Dark with an evil grin, “Keep in mind what motivated the original Carol Malus Dienheim. As her clone, I share her memories and her desires. I will say that my wish won't completely destroy Earth. But my wish will grant me revenge on the humans on Earth.”

“We have to stop her.” Kotori stated firmly to Kotohono.

“Yes we do.” replied Kotohono, “And I also intend to keep my word to Honoka!”

“That will prove much easier said than done.” stated Carol Dark's LRIG, a newly created version of Leiur Darahim, herself similar to a clone.

Leiur wore a gray vest over a puce green opened dress shirt. She also had unusual dark gray dress pants with green trim that cut off just below the crotch, revealing a dark gray metallic thong covered by brownish nylon. This would be Leiur's attire for the entire match, even as she was grown. As for Kotori? She began in her very girly light green Start!Dash outfit. And Kotohono was the player who would begin this game, as she went first.

On her first turn, Kotohono had no cheap 1pp cards to play, so her turn ended quickly. Likewise, Carol has no cheap 1pp cards to play on her first turn, so her first turn also ended quickly.

On her second turn, Kotohono played Fairy Whisperer, a truly elegant fairy in lovely short white robe over a short green dress. Fairy Whisperer is only 1/1, but she gives her leader, in this case Kotohono, two free standard fairies. Kotohono then had Kotori attack Carol directly for 1 damage.

On Carol's second turn, she played Beastcall Aria, an amulet countdown that eventually provides two followers, a strong 4/4 white tiger and a 2/1 storming bird. Carol then had Lieur attack Kotohono directly for 1 damage. Carol would then declare her Coin Bet effect.

Coin Bet.” declared Carol, “Limitless Heal.”

“This coin bet causes Carol to regain 1 health whenever she ends a turn with less than a full 20 health.” said Leiur explaining the effect.

“And so Carol will soon be back up to 20.” said Kotori.

“What's more troubling is how great the synergy is between that Coin Effect and Heal Haven deck types.” stated Kotohono nervously, as Carol made a proud sneering grin.

Carol then ended her second turn.

On her third turn, Kotohono played two standard fairies, and used her remaining PP point to grow Kotori to 2/2. This caused Kotori's attire to change from her green girly Start!Dash outfit into her red and white Bokura no Live Kimi to no Live outfit, an outfit that looks like one for a marching band. Kotohono then had Kotori and Fairy Whisperer attack Carol directly for 3 damage.

“Your Limitless Heal will slow me down some, but not totally, Carol!” exclaimed Kotohono.

Carol merely grinned confidently in reply to that, as Kotohono's third turn would end with Kotohono at 19 health and Carol at 17.

On Carol's third turn, she played the card Kotohono was most worried about. Elana's Prayer, an amulet that gives all allied followers +1/+1 every time their leader's defense is restored. Kotohono's only saving grace here is that Carol did not yet have any allied followers on her side of the board. Carol then had Leiru attack Kotohono directly for 1 damage, bringing Kotohono down to 18 health. What was most amazing of all is what would be revealed when Carol ended her third turn. Carol was not restored just 1 health, as per her Coin Effect, but instead she was restored 3 health to a full 20.

“Huh?” asked Kotori, sweating nervously over this, “Shouldn't Carol now be at 18 health?”

“Now you will learn about Leiur's passive LRIG ability.” said Carol, “That passive LRIG effect is Enhanced Heal. Every time my defense is restored at all, Enhanced Heal will have it restored to a full 20.”

Kotohono's eyes went wide in complete shock and awe. Kotori felt truly horrified.

“You know what this means, don't you, Kotohono?” asked Carol.

“The only way I can defeat you is to deal 20 or more damage to you in one turn...” answered Kotohono, “Otherwise, I'm better off not attacking you at all.”

“But that won't stop healing spells from working with Elana.” replied Carol, “I can use those healing spells on myself even if I'm at a full health! Ha ha ha ha ha~!”

The next four turns, for both players, went by rapidly. The combination of Elana's Prayer with Limitless Heal with Enhanced Heal forced Kotohono to play very defensively. She aimed to keep the board as clear as possible, and she kept healing herself as much as she could. Kotohono would now gamble everything on her favorite play, but she would need to work tirelessly to stay alive until she could make that play!

1 Ancient Elf play, 2 Fairy Beast plays, and 1 Pegasus Elf play, had all proved critically important here. Ancient Elf for defense, Fairy Beast for heal, and Pegasus Elf to eliminate an Elana-grown 6/6 white tiger. This is because Pegasus Elf's special effect was to change an enemy follower's defense to 1 health, and her evolve ability lets her deal 1 sniping damage in order to destroy that weakened follower herself! Pegasus Elf wears radiant white robes and a matching pink flowered headdress. She also wields a very elaborate greatbow.

It was now Kotohono's eighth turn. All the evolve points had been used up for both players. On Kotohono's side of the field only Fairy Beast now remained. On Carol's side of the field, there were two Radiance Angels, one grown to 3/5 and the other to 5/7 due to Elana's Prayer and their own healing abilities. Radiance Angel is a lightly armored white angel with short silvery hair, holding a silver staff with a large, glowing, diamond-shaped merigold gemstone at the top of the staff. Radiance Angel's base stats are 2/4, and he restores 3 defense to his leader when he comes into play, while also providing a free card draw.

Kotohono then breathed a deep sigh, as she prepared to launch her desperation play.

Coin bet. stated Kotohono, “Unity!”

“With Unity, Kotohono randomly summons a follower from her deck with casting cost greater than the total casting cost of all allied followers in play.” explained Kotori.

“And only one of my followers has a greater casting cost than Fairy Best.” stated Kotohono, “It's the wondrous White Wolf of Eldwood!”

Then the marvelously majestic mighty defender of the forest appeared, an enormous lightly armored Wolf. It's presence caused a revitalizing wind to blow, causing plants to grow all around the noble beast. White Wolf is a legendary 4/4 follower with rush. And his Last Words effect is as follows – Randomly put one of the highest-cost Forestcraft cards from your deck into your hand at the start of your next turn, and change that card's cost to 0.

“And now I will play a second White Wolf, which I just drew!” exclaimed Kotohono.

Kotohono then had both of her White Wolves charge into Carol's stronger 5/7 Radiance Angel. This resulted in both White Wolves' going out in a blaze of glory, taking the Radiance Angel with them.

“Now I end my turn.” said Kotohono.

“You're clearly up to something.” said Carol, with a raised eyebrow, as she began her eighth turn, “So it's time for me to make the ultimate play. Enstatued Seraph!”

Enstatued Seraph is an amulet countdown. Once it finishes counting down, it ends the game. Its user automatically wins.

“And now I end my turn.” said Carol, looking like the cat that just ate the Kotori.

Kotohono blinked in slight surprise over Carol not attacking at all.

“She must be able to speed up Seraph's countdown.” said Kotori knowingly, “It looks like your ninth turn will determine everything, Kotohono...”

“Yes it will.” confirmed Kotohono in reply, “Because this is the turn where we win, Kotori!”

“What?!” exclaimed Carol in sneering scrunched-face shock.

“My two White Wolves just gave me two Silver Bolts, and those bolts put my total cards in hand to nine, so my bolts will hit with max damage.” replied Kotohono, “And you have no ward followers that can block my Fairy Beast. Even without Kotori attacking you directly, you're finished, Carol!”

“Double your Silver Bolts, double your fun!” exclaimed a brightly smiling Kotori, “The first bolt will be for Katsuhiko! And the second bolt, the one that wins me the game, will be for Honoka.”

Kotohono and Kotori had done it! They were going to win.

Kotohono and Kotori had emerged victorious over Carol, but would Super R similarly be able to defeat Satomi?

[CONTINUED IN NEXT POST]

Last edited by Triple_R; 2017-04-25 at 21:01.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote