View Single Post
Old 2008-08-14, 04:27   Link #1051
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
This will be one helluva a dark extension. Those of us who damned Alpha might be eating our words over this (I'm not immune too...), but clearly this is no longer a Mahou Shoujo type story, but a Real Mahou Shoujo type. The only difference may well be that we have all the angst, but only a bit of militarism, for Hayate to lead a coup'd'atat and succeed, many many miltakus cried out in unison then were quickly silenced forever.
Hayate leading a coup d'etat and succeeding, why not? She was flaunted as a smart girl, capable tactician and strategist in A's epilogue. StrikerS and 7Arcs are to be blamed to have failed to portray her well in that department.

Quote:
So... Should we throw ourselves fully and wholehearted at this? I don't know. Barring jokes, I'm personally skeptical about this.
Read Sword Dancers. While Kiseki Himura may have strayed off F/SN and Nasuverse holy canon, he has shown to be able to deliver. Not a lot of us are half-able to do that. And yes, I stand by the belief that anyone must remember there are always someone who can top him or her.

Quote:
But yes, cosmic horrors are not needed for drama. If anything, they are only for Battle of Helmsdeep; it's the political intrigue and angst that make a work readable I understand that.

But at the same time, remember what genre we're in. Too much intrigue, and we'll lose the flavor. Just like having too much horrors will spoil the broth too.
Kiseki Himura wont dwell so deep in intrigue, I'll point you again to Sword Dancers.

Quote:
I advocate balance, and I'm not sure if BetrayerS will be balanced. It would be a great Shounen manga, but I'm not sure if that's what we want Nanoha to be.
It's not like the actual series was above showing "CHARGIIIIN MAH LAZER" moments.
Quote:

I was wondering when Fate and Nanoha will go Suzaku VS Lelouch.
Delivered by Nighty yesterday in IRC:

Fate: Snap out of it, Nanoha-chan!! Hayate-chan!! Was this the justice, the happiness you fought for!?

Hayate: NO! NO IT WAS NOT!!

Hayate: We fought fruitlessly, they killed millions...while we saved no one.

Hayate: But with small sacrifices, we now have the power to save millions.

Hayate: We tried to be decent soldier in indecent times! We failed! Not just ourselves, but those we swore to protect!!

This is the kind of drama that this kind of scenario can deliver. As pointed by Nighty, the parallel with Gil Graham, another officer and leading figure who has chosen a necessary evil as solution to one problem is interesting.

Quote:
Hey, notice that we now have Yagami Hayate as the God of the New World and possesses a powerful Book capable of erasing her foes. Sky Note much? XD
I have pointed out in the image thread that all Yagami are wicked, Iori Yagami, Light Yagami and Himura's Hayate Yagami.

This is indeed an ill-fated name.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote