View Single Post
Old 2003-12-28, 15:13   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by gho
It is not because I completely disregard childish anime. I love LOVE HINA (specially the manga). But I have seen a LOT OF CRAP recently and I am getting a little lost. Last Exile sucks completely for instance... the production is superb, just like in Read or Die, but what the fuck happened to the history? It all comes to this childish stereotype that I really despise and that crude stupid brother and sister and, oh yes, (done in a girlish voice) "oh we can make it if we try hard" and "sigh"....

I am sick and tired of just watching first episodes and moving on...
Have you only seen the first episode of Last Exile? The story does get more interesting. I usually watch the first 4 episodes before making my mind up about a series. The first episode rarely gives a feel for the series. You may be missing out on a lot of series you'd enjoy by just watching the first episode. For other series I suggest Nadesico. You said you liked FLCL so give Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai a chance. It may not be the most intelligent series, but it's a lot like flcl in style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gho
I am going to check haibane hemnei next because it is from the same author of SE LAIN which is marvelous... after it I am going to check Berserk and those other two Mecha animes...
For a real fun time watch Evangelion and Rahxephon on 2 tvs right next to each other. Some scenes are almost idential frame for frame. Rahxephon is just an eva ripoff. Still, it's a very good eva ripoff and worth watching.