Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 23:33   Link #1977
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It's painful to see her down on herself about this, when I have no doubt at all that she's wrong.
Then again, being emotionally vulnerable makes her more interesting and realistic. She's flawed, and that gives her more depth as a character.

I actually have more problems with Nagisa's extreme nativity. "It's not about winning or losing" she said in the last episode. Did she already forget all those girls who failed the selection round? All of them lost!! They will get over it and move on to other things, but they lost their chance in AKB and that's a fact. Also, what about Yuuko, who won't become a Center Nova like she dreams of because she just doesn't have the glow? What about Takamina, who is crushing Kanata's dream as long as she stays in the group? And yeah, I know Nagisa doesn't know about Takamina or Yuuko, but she does know about all the girls from the selection round so her line of thinking has no excuse.

There are winners and losers in AKB, and Nagisa refusing to even acknowledge that reality is IMO kind of disrespectful to all the girls who couldn't achieve their dreams.

EDIT: I still like Nagisa though. I just think she needs as much emotional growth as Chieri does.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-05 at 23:55.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote