Thread: Licensed Boku no Hero Academia
View Single Post
Old 2015-02-03, 22:07   Link #212
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
That is a very valid question... The problem is not just his quirk but his mentality. His quirk has no offensive damage which would make it hard to utilize during the exam, but he is also cowardly and lacks self-confidence. He does have a decent head on his shoulders, but his lack of confidence and his cowardous would most likely prevent him from doing anything useful with his quirk during the exam. If he were smarter and more confident himself then i could believe him finding a way to use his quirk during the exam, but not as he currently is

granted, if you could score points by just immobilizing a villain bot, then he may have just thrown a bunch of sticky balls and got them stuck in place... it actually wouldn't be that hard for him to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, I think you guys are being a little too harsh on poor Mineta. Sure, he's a skirt-chaser and a bit cowardly, but the guy tries his best, too! Though as far as his passing the entrance exam goes, I'm more inclined to agree with Slayerx that he could've gotten points for immobilizing those robots rather than outright destroying them. But personally, I was always more curious about his performance during the trial of battle (where, incidentally, he was also teamed up with Momo at the time)....
I'm thinking something similar, though fundamentally different. I suspect that, upon being stuck to the ground, the robot's didn't notice and ended up breaking their legs/limbs, thus "destroying" them.

Edit: That is to say, because the test robot's are non-sentient and have no sense of touch, they don't know or understand that their foot's stuck to the ground and end up breaking their own limb at a joint trying to move it. This will cause them to fall onto the ground at a considerable force, probably breaking them.

Last edited by Darius Drake; 2015-02-04 at 03:18.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote