View Single Post
Old 2018-08-07, 12:16   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think the line about the Raid was related to Riku either, Shahry was warning him that by fighting a strong opponent like Riku before it, he would end up revealing his most secret techniques (and it happened), which will hinder him for the Raid since other players will be able to come up with countermeasures. And in fact, Rommel's team was analyzing his battle against Riku, but destroyed the data because man's honor and all that stuff.

Both Tiger and Shahry already recognize Riku as a worthy opponent. Shahry's point was that there was a better time and place to have this battle.
Funnily enough, I always think Syahriar's worries about "exposing your finishing move" is merely a side-concern. Why? Well, 1) These guys are famous veterans and have been through god-knows how many battles and tournaments before. It's practically impossible to hide their finishing moves from the audience during those major tournaments. 2) Veterans like them can always upgrade their mechs and techniques 3) In raid battles, cooperation with your party is arguably more important than a one-man-army leaders. Thus, I sensed Syahriar also indirectly included Riku in the conversation (in a way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
00 Sky's hand to hand mode was pretty sweet. Aren't Riku's gunpla building skills a bit too awesome though? He's been making some crazy stuff. Sure, his gunpla couldn't handle his special move, but that's because he thought it up on the spot. It'll be ready next time.

Anyway, I'm happy Riku lost and hasn't surpassed his master yet.
That's why I'm mixed with the way Riku lost this episode. It's more like a "shy win" rather than a decisive loss. Though I'm still generally okay with the loss itself.