View Single Post
Old 2012-02-05, 18:27   Link #27723
Wanderer
Goat

Piece-Yasu's motive in EP1-4 is plenty ridiculous in of itself, and EP5 is with a different Game Master and Player; so I don't think the motive in EP5 is really meant to be something that could be able to stand up to serious scrutiny. Just wave the hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuzu View Post
Like the closed room reveal from episode 2- I thought it was pretty neat, and it made sense once he revealed it, but no one had even guessed at it, and I don't think there was anywhere near enough evidence for people to decide that was definitely what happened.
The suicide? I had already thought it was a suicide from Will's "coffin" remark, although the method of hiding the weapon I had never imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yasu's sexual ambiguity exists for a reason. To the point that it takes up the bulk of Episode Seven. We all thought she was a girl by default, so there must be some meaning in bringing up "Maybe she's NOT a girl."
Agree. Natsuhi would probably know the baby's sex. Also, regardless of the voice, the MF19YO presented themselves as male, which meant that either the MF19YO really was male, or that he assumed Natsuhi didn't know the baby's sex and thus would accept the idea that the baby was male.

You can make things fit if you really want to believe the baby's sex to be female, but the only hint that points to Yasu's sex being female is her gender orientation (which itself is only female leaning...). It's most elegant if Yasu's sex is male and gender is (kind of) female.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote