View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 04:05   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
A question for novel readers.

I've been reading SNS light novels in Chinese, up to book 10. The problem is, my Chinese is lacking a bit. This wasn't a big problem with previous books, since I had the first season to help me out. But book 10, of course, became a problem as my apparent lacking Chinese skills prevent me from understanding everything. I won't mention details because of spoilers, but it should be obvious for novel readers.

So my question is, does the anime return to where it diverged from the novel? The first two episodes seemingly goes off on a different arc altogether. Is this the new direction of the anime or something? Or will they return to where things got off track in book 8/9?
It is impossible to know the answer to that since it hasn't happened yet! We can't know if the anime will return to the novels until the anime returns to the novels.

It is worth noting though that so far this arc seems to be devoted to redacting the anime back to the same path as the novels. Events are proceeding differently, but they are serving the same purpose as some events that were left out of the first season or else changed from the novels in the first season.

So, I can say that it will probably return to where things got off track. But no promises because I cannot forsee the future.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-16 at 04:25.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote