View Single Post
Old 2008-12-04, 03:34   Link #229
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Um... I don't see how this answers back the point I'm making - that it's a soul wavelength release.
I wasn't desputing that it wouldn't be, what I'm saying is that Internal generation" isn't necessary lighting based and that visual effect variy from person to person even though it achieves the same goal.

Ex, if Jackie was asked to perform the technique instead of lighting burning out the snake, fire would. This hinges on of course if only a unique ability available to Marie.

Quote:
Only when if you can point out where Black☆Star's soul release does anything remotely close to this.
Spoiler for No spoilers in this pic really - just a picture of Maka's soul wavelength causing a big shockwave.:
No, but that doesn't look like what B*S does.

Quote:
I know.

What I'm saying is that she should be capable of launching soul wavelength attacks now or pretty soon.
The thing is however, if this is the case why hasn't someone like Sid a top ranked Meister used it too then? I'm quite sure his Wavelength is much large than B*S, Maka, or Kid.

Maka might be able to attack with her Wavelength but, certainly looks like it will be in another fashion.

Quote:
What I'm saying is that Maka does get dragged into fights where she uses her bare hands, and sometimes she does this of her own will. The fight with Chrona, for instance, was one she could have completely avoided.
There's no doubt that Maka obviously knows Martial Arts, however she won't be as effective as B*S is since he can ampifly his strength through his Wavelength. I've said before that she fought Crona the way she did because at that time it seemed more effective.

Quote:
I agree with that theory. I mean, I've put forth some stuff that supports the theory myself in the past few posts. I'm saying by the same token I also see her learning attacks like Stein's unarmed attacks (soul purge, etc.).
The ability to cancel-out Wavelengths like Stein would be fine defense for her, it doesn't have to be attack oriented. Her Demonslayer Wavelegth can do some of it already looking at the last chapter.

Quote:
Eh, ninja blade and katana don't handle the same. The fighting style is different for them.
Yeah, I know they aren't exactly the same, but he's likely had practice with similar weaponry, Tsubaki probably eases the adjustment anyway.

Quote:
I think they made a point of saying that Black☆Star is plenty strong without his weapons, given his dueling track record at school. To be honest, I don't see Black☆Star defeating Asura or even Medusa even with Tsubaki. Those two are crazy good.
Yes, but we don't know if those people who he beat were the strongest of their class and, I have hard time see him defeating say Kilik without Tsubaki.

Against Medusa, he stands more of a chance having Tsubaki then by himself.

Quote:
Of course, I don't deny that he's better off with Tsubaki, at all. I'm just saying he's plenty strong without her too.
But, I doubt it's nearly enough to beat Mifune and the rest of the big fish.

Quote:
While I'm not sure what point you're making here, I'll agree to this much.
What I mean is she seems to no longer compare herself to B*S as much anymore now after discovering her own strength, granted it's not full resolved and she has long way to before reaching her prime, but she's much closer now.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-12-04 at 03:48.