View Single Post
Old 2010-06-23, 02:11   Link #175
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notebook Darling View Post
I didn't have any expectations for the movie and I must say that I enjoyed it. It was nice that they didn't rush the plot and it was a great set-up for the second movie.
I went in exactly the same way the first time, which is probably why I enjoyed it. Finally got a chance to sit down and watch a subbed version, which helped with a lot of things I'd missed, but...some parts made me wonder if the translator had actually watched the entire movie before starting on the translation... They also seem to have worked on some of the "flat" animation that I remember seeing at the cinema.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Paradise Lost...from the general vibe here, I'm thinking it'll be similar to GITS:SAC in the sense that it deals with political and social issues in Japan that we 'outsiders' might not understand. (Typical of Production I.G. perhaps?) Unfortunately, like Haak, I'm regretting having stepped back into this thread before I got the chance to do so. Keep the spoilers under spoiler tags, please

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote