Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I ...

*hugs*

From the bottom of my heart, Good Luck
lol

I appreciate the gesture.

Don't get me wrong, SHAFT definitely can be frustrating at times.

And they're very hit-and-miss.

The thing is, though, that SHAFT does so many different projects, that if a couple of them are stinkers, it's easier for me as a fan to move on from that and just hope that SHAFT gets it right next time (since I won't have to wait long, if at all, for that "next time").

Quote:
well...

I don't think they really go so much for the ''bold and challenging'' as much as they go for the weird and what has the potential to be wacky.
Well, they're currently deconstructing magical girl anime. Which, really, is only one step removed from deconstructing moe itself.

That's pretty bold, imo.

Quote:

Thats not to say they don't attempt to be revolutionary. But tbh, the challenging aspect steams from them trying to coordinate and keeping the production of shows they produce even when they lack the capacity to do so lol
Thats a given with this studio, but that doesn't mean that it's acceptable, or even logical, to have a studio that's small in staff take on 20 projects at a time!
They probably do a bit too much, yeah, but as I argued above, there are benefits to doing a lot.

There's probably a happy medium somewhere between SHAFT's "20 projects at a time", and Kyoto Animation's 2 or 3 per year.