Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-25, 19:56   Link #14
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Right, the problem I'm having right now needs some explaining.

About 2 months ago, I tried a cigarette, was fine, didn't really like it, yet didn't really dislike it. But recently, whenever I get stressed, I feel like I want to go get a cig and smoke it, even though I only tried it once. Is this normal? If you feel stressed, do you feel like you want a fix of nicotine or whatever?

I myself know that cigarettes are bad for you, cause lung cancer, whatever, but when I get the feeling that I want to smoke, I don't seem to care. So is something wrong with me? I guess I need some help from you guys to try and help explain it, if possible.
I would definitly recommend you to quit smoking. As the time goes by it will be harder to stop it. Also i want to mention that the urge you have to smoke in itself is completly normal and nothing is wrong with you, but smoking isnt good for you. Nicotine and smoking can harm your lungs in many ways. When part of the body is damaged, our body tries to heal itself by creating new cells to replace the dead and injured ones. Sometimes these cell mulitplications continue even after the body has heal itself and thus you have cancer. The more you smoke the more are the chances that you will injure your lungs and this whole cycle occurs. So doesnt matter what part of your body, if you keep harming it, it can eventually lead to cancer.

I, myself have had tumour ( and still do) in my lungs. And because of that and college and ... I have ( and many other people do have) alot of stress in their life. Smoking isnt the best nor the only way to reduce your stress. Few that i use to relieve my stress are:

1) calm music
2) staying under warm to hot shower
3) relaxing/sleeping in the bed.

Still dont stress yourself too much. I personally dont think ( some might argue my point) 1 or 2 smoke/ Week (not day) is going to cause cancer. It will increase the chances to have cancer ( as many other things that do), but if you live your life worrying too much about it , it can add to your current stress even more.

P.S. Solace, Do you play dota(dota from warcraft 3 game) with an account name S0lace ?