Thread: Bleach Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-14, 14:55   Link #2416
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei_ayanami17 View Post
note that I both compare Soul Society and Hueco Mundo to Purgatorio because in Purgatorio -- soul is can either be saved or not/ a place where soul can be purified and cleanse.
The only souls who can be purified and cleansed are those who've turned into hollows. In fact, Soul Society is where purified souls are supposed to reside. So in actuality SS is pretty much the closest thing to heaven in the Bleach universe--even though there's plenty of souls residing there that have to live & deal with extreme poverty and crime on a daily basis. But for a soul, it's typically the end of the road as there's no place better to go. I mean they're definitely not getting into the king's realm, right? lol

Hueco Mundo seems pretty awful for the vast majority of souls no matter how you look at it. But since it's not technically "hell", and since innocent, good people are sent their all the time, we can't call it as such unfortunately. Either way, most souls who end up there are destined to live a pretty harsh existence where a constant state of hunger perpetuates a cycle where only the strong and/or lucky can survive and live relatively peacefully. Those who don't measure up eventually have their souls devoured and wiped from existence by another hollow regardless of whether the soul deserved it or not. It's pretty sad. So its hard for me to consider hollows and hueco mundo to be a form of purgatory or limbo. Especially since only the lucky few seem to ever get purified and saved by a shingami. And in order for that to happen, a hollow typically has to find there way into the human realm or SS for their next meal.

Quote:
now, if a soul originally from ss commit a grave crime and the Hell moved itself to sentence that soul, then I guess there is no way he will gain control in Hell because Hell is a place of misery and torture.
If a soul originally from Soul Society commits a crime, that falls within the shinigami's and central 46's jurisdiction. They're responsible for passing and carrying out punishment. And should a shinigami have to execute a soul in Soul Society, the soul will get destroyed. Hell won't come to claim it.

Quote:
I really like the that idea of Aizen being sentence by Hell especially now that he is immortal. I think it would be a great ending for him if Kubo can think of this.
I wouldn't expect you to know this since you admitted to not seeing the movie yet, but the only thing that keeps a resident of hell bound to the realm are spiritual chains. (I forget their proper name if they even had one.) Since these chains can be broken if a soul were to become strong enough (on par with Ichigo's perfect hollowfication form), sending Aizen down their with the hougyoku could result in something bad I suppose. Assuming the hougyoku gave him back vast amounts of power, not only would he be able to break free with ease, but he'd be able to free and form an entire legion composed of hell's residents. Or he might willingly chose to remain in captivity since being a "sinner" would technically grant him another form of immortality since its residents can get resurrected almost indefinitely if killed. With the aid of the hougyoku, and his own extreme cunning & intellect, he might even find a way to convince hell into granting him tons of extra power by merging with the Kushannard's. And these are only some of the many possibilities. Langus really wasn't kidding when he stated that there could be too many variables to consider. Having said that, I find it a lot fun to think about.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote