View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 00:18   Link #24
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Nothing wrong with the topic being here or anything, but I'd just like to mention that you would probably find more fertile grounds for this sort of discussion in a site like alternatehistory, where history fans of this type congregate.
Heh, Aegir is actually an old member there (arguably one of the "old guards"), but I think he's trying to spread that hobby of his to more people that also share anime interests (aside from being tired of the changing atmosphere of the site). I only visit the site occasionally when he gave me interesting TL's to read.
EDIT: he might actually be pretty hyped seeing your lengthy and observant post. Expect a slow reply because he tends to take his time composing his replies as thoroughly and as best he could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
An aside: I did a fictional project that ended up with this concept:
Rohan and Gondor in North America (does that mean Yellowstone is Mt. Doom?)
8,000 years after the Lord of the Rings
Hey, I remember reading a similar ISOT story sometime ago in AH.com, only in Europe, and in medieval times. Come to think of it I haven't continued to read that. Maybe I'll try and post the link here if I find it. Oh, and it wasn't Rohan and Gondor, rather, Mordor.
EDIT: ah, found it. It might help you get some insights on your projects. Pay attention to username "ytdn" because he became the main writer in that thread.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2012-03-14 at 00:42.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote