View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 00:35   Link #25
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
I have been wondering why everyone hasn't already been removed from the game within a week of this starting. There are ways you can remove people from a system like this without worrying about failsafes killing the person.

The only real plausible explanation is that everything the guy said was a lie and no one has died and he is actually using the device to manipulate their sense of time so that they think they are in it the entire time but they actually are not. They will think that they are in the world for months or even years when in the outside world it had only been a few hours at most. Everyone not in the game or has left the game will be locked out so that the people in the game won't know the truth.

PS. The whole reason to have a game where everyone thinks they will really die is to make it feel real. Making it so you feel like you are truly a part of the game which if you didn't feel mortality then you would never feel that.
Or that the guy is truly a super genius and was able to make the devices with tons of failsafes and countermeasures to stop anyone from wanting to risk tinkering with it. I mean I'll be honest if the government or someone told me "We have a pretty good idea what we're doing and can get the headset off" and I was someone's guardian, I'd probably not let them try. Taking into account the people that had died by removing it, one wrong move and they're dead or I could hope for the game to end and them to be freed.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote