View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 13:53   Link #10665
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I really don't think 6-10 will make an appearance, and if they do, they'll be taken out of the way fast, just like the executioners. Mashima has already more characters than he can handle, imo (I'm still waiting for a nice surprise to revitalize this manga, but, meh).
Not in this arc, obviously. 1-4 ain't showin' up in this arc. It's called "Foreshadowing." True, Mashima has a lot of characters... this arc. He's said as much. But they are possible antagonists for future arcs where we are dealing with future characters.

Quote:
There is no need to put an end to some of this. And he's just adding fuel to the fire anyway.
When the same posts keep popping up, over and over, and add nothing new to the discussion, it simply annoys the majority of the posters who come here. I've seen it happen in many other fandoms. There are always those that whine and whine and whine, and people get tired of it. The fans then leave for other forums. I'd rather not see that happen to AS.

I'll make my own prediction, and bet you anything that after the next chapter, we'll have at least one or two posts that go, "Man, Fairy Tail is sucking so much. It's so predictable." Even though no one outright stated predictions before the chapter! The only predictions we have, is that Laxus will win or tie. Considering the possible outcomes are win, lose, or tie, they've essentially hedged their bets by giving themselves a 67% chance. Hell, I'd be tempted to make bets like that, too! A true prediction would say "I predict he is going to win." That is a 33% chance, based on possible outcomes, and is actually a gutsy prediction.

And that just covers the bare bones win/loss aspect of one single fight; hardly grounds for calling the entire story predictable! Like I said before. Wake me when someone has a bit more of a detailed prediction. If FT is so predictable, then it should be child's play to predict how the plot is going to play out.

TL;DR: It's whining, and it's non-constructive at best, and annoying at worst.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote