Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 11:51   Link #727
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Saint Seiya found it's animation budget again last week and now found it's direction again too. Very Cassherny episode as expected and looks like I might have been on the right track. The whole Martian family now comes off as more sympathetic, especially Sonia who you can see why Eden respects so much as she basically fought in his stead until he was ready to be the guy and came home battered and bruised. I'm also starting to think there's something more to the death of Soma's father that hasn't been unveiled yet. We see her standing over his body, but have yet to see any confirmation that she really killed him. Also she seemed surprised when confronted by Soma and that she only acted like she killed him in cold blood to throw him off.

What I don't get though is why Mars doesn't feel Athena and the current Saints are capable of protecting the world and that his more aggressive kingdom has to be the way to go. Would I have had to see Lost Canvas or the like to understand?

In any case they don't come off as entirely the bad guys anymore and I'd have to guess Mars is being manipulated by some other power that tempted him (probably directely related to that woman that's with him) and it has something to do with the meteorite. My guess is there's some third power trying to cause a civil war between the Saints and they plan to move in once one of the sides falls. Guess we'll see, but somehow I'm finding it less and less likely that Mars makes it past the first half of the show.

Also even more willing to bet the farm that Koga and Aria are siblings now. Both have the Light Element, both talk about how they never knew their parents, both seem drawn to one another by some unexplained bond. It's all but a given now as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-08-19 at 12:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote