View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 10:03   Link #444
sayde

Let me be the first to say that I actually don't mind the fact that Kenpachi got defeated off-panel. Considering the snail pace at which this series moves, it makes me pleasantly pleased when Kubo skips straight to the end of certain things if it means cramming a little more plot into the chapter--especially when most of us could've already predicted the outcome (because lets face it, Kenpachi for all intents and purposes stood very little chance of beating the big bad "Juha Bach" right here and now). So unless Kenpachi had something new he was going to show us, I honestly didn't need to see him fight anyways.

With that said, I approve of this chapter. We got some real plot progression this week. We learned buckbeards name, the fact that Ken was indeed one of the 5 war potentials, and we have Yamamoto showing a side of him we've never seen. Kubo/Yamamoto also didn't waste anytime in going straight to the main event. Since Juha Bach defeated Kenpachi (pretty easily it seems), I'm willing to bet Yamamoto's going to be next.

Its the perfect setup to introduce Squad 0. Because once Yamamoto's defeated (and he will be defeated), the renewed spirit of the Gotei 13's remaining forces is going to be crushed leaving nothing behind but hopelessness & despair. My only question now is whether or not Squad 0 will show up in time to save Yamamoto from being killed.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote