View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 08:04   Link #1212
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In life and in work, I don't like to make assumptions based only on circumstantial evidence. There's always the benefit of doubt, and given what I do, I'm more than acutely aware of how context changes everything. I'm fine if others want to make the shortcut in reasoning, but I won't budge on this personal and professional principle.
This isn't real life, and it isn't work. It's an animated series This isn't really about personal/professional principles.

What happened wasn't some weird coincidence. The people who made the show deliberately put this scene in knowing what it looked like at first glance. This means the primary reason the scene exists is to raise the possibility in our minds that the Doctor and the other Enforcer are lesbians.

The show creators would only have two reasons to raise the possibility that those two are lesbians. Because they are lesbians, or they want to make us think they're lesbians, but have it turn out that they're not.

Given Akane's nonchalance about the entire thing, I don't think they're gonna a pull a "But they're actually totally straight!" on us.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote