View Single Post
Old 2008-11-09, 12:51   Link #164
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th_dimension View Post
King's Disposition, haki...
I'm lufffy fan who is a little bit confused...

1. Silvers, Shanks, Doflamingo, Hebihime, Luffy...
Haki users? anything else?

2. Why kidd and trafalgar and their nakamas cannot be affected with silver's haki?

3. my friends frequently asked "Where did Luffy got the power of haki?". Is it true thats all about Luffy's destiny to become a King?
1. Who said Doflamingo was a Haki user? I don't find that plausible. It's possible, but not believable. I would actually prefer to have him use something like a Puppet Puppet fruit. And yes, there would, I believe be numerous other Haki users on all of the Yonkous' ships. I have no doubt that Benn Beckham (Shanks' First mate) might use it too, though that is arguable.

2. Because they are all strong willed as well. Haki is will manifested outward on those around you. So since their indvidual hakis were strong enough to withstand Rayleighs Haki in its unfocused form, they remained conscious.

3. Luffy didn't get the power of Haki from any particular location. Haki is dormant in everyone. There are those with extremely normal haki levels, then those with very low ones, and then those with extremely high ones, and then those with insanely high ones. However, the Haki, or drive, vigour, outward spirit only begin to ooze out and manifest itself as a recognizible entity when the person becomes strong-willed enough for it to do so. Therefore only people like Shanks, etc who are very vibrant in personality can 'use' their Haki. Note that I said THEIR HAKI, as opposed to HAKI. Everyone has it. Not everyone can use it in a focused or functional form, since it may be too weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Anyone think will see Jinbei pretty soon?
Yup. He's long overdue, since the mermen are coming into severe focus now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Now see, this is one of the chief reasons why I support the "Hancock is Luffy's mother" theory in the first place. I just feel that a love interest would be too much of a burden for Luffy, especially when he doesn't show that much interest in women in the first place (at least, not that kind of interest). I'm not saying that romance is a bad thing, but I'd like to think Luffy can take all the time in the world to find his "Pirate Queen" after he makes his dream of becoming Pirate King come true....
I actually have a severe liking for a Boa X Luffy pariing. I hope someone starts writing some FanFiction on it soon. It'd be a good rival for all the Luffy X Nami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Edit: Haha I also noticed couple of times in this chapter the sisters had Rinnegan.
Boa: "...I am god..."
Luffy: "I am the man who's gonna become the Pirate King!!!"
Boa: (Eyes distant, and glazed over. The other two gorgon sister expressions mirror hers, and they suddenly focus their vision on Luffy)
Gorgon Sisters: "...We are The Gorgons. We are God!!"

I just really like Pein. He's a very original villain type, and he just does his character right all the time. Sick, Cool, and Insane. Deified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is One Piece. Give Luffy and company a day or two of rest as well as a day or so of training, and you will get an entirely new opponent...though I will admit that the difference in strength is too great to just surmount in a few days of training. So, by next encounter, Luffy will be closer to equalling his opponents, but not surpaasing them.
Not true. One Piece's 'power-ups' are not unrealistic. Just creative, and innovative. And they aren't half as fucked up as Ichigo, for example. Ichigo got Bankai in Three Days. Thats a load of crap. And then, after barely...don't worry, actually. I'll just go over to the Bleach threads and say my piece over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
A DAY?
He would be awfully stronger if he had a whole day.
Just look back at Enies Lobby: He went from "loosing badly against Lucci" to "beating him" in only a few hours.
Not 'in only a few hours'. He'd devised the Gear Two and Three techniques not very long after the Long Ring Islands mini arc. And they were introduced in a believable way, as opposed to, say, Ichigo's vaizard mask duration during Ichigo vs Grimmjow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Oda does what Kishi and Kubo can't: Good chapters and cliffhangers every week.
I would agree with you on the Kubo thing, but not with Naruto. Bleach is badly thought out, with a Tekken style fight stream that bores the hell out of you. The characters are pointless, and fight for no reason most of the time, and plus, they don't actually behave like Soul Reapers, so the mystifying aura has completely vanished from Bleach altogether.

Naruto has maintained a solid plot, and beautiful character development, MINUS SASUKE. The ONLY problem with Naruto so far has been Sasuke.

Anyone else notice that as SOON as Sasuke was taken out of the picture for a few chapters, the whole series got interesting again? It was like a breath of fresh air after some half-dead, strangled cow's brain fart.

But yes, Oda's level is FAR above that of his colleagues.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.