View Single Post
Old 2008-11-09, 18:17   Link #176
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
0% of those 2 joining Luffy. Why would you ditch your sister and like join someone else. Heck even Boa herself has more of a chance than those 2.

I don't see how they don't have a better chance of joining Luffy than their big sister. As was already pointed out, all three of them share the same tragic past, anyhow. Hancock technically has a lower chance of joining than her sisters because she has the added responsibilities of being both a Shichibukai and the empress of her country. Furthermore, by giving up her Shichibukai status, she'd risk having her country destroyed by a Buster Call. Her sisters, on the other hand, don't have those responsibilities. Either of them could willingly join Luffy to help put a stop to the government's twisted deeds themselves.....

...But again, I don't really expect either of them to join Luffy, myself. I'm just saying that they do have a chance of joining, no matter how small it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
eh, i don't feel like i could get used to them; i'm just not feeling it...
Though as far as interesting designed characters i think i'd rather see a fishmaid(female but a twist from the expected mermaid and more interesting to boot) join the crew.

A lot of people have had the idea of a merperson joining the crew in the past. I guess it's an interesting idea, but I dunno.... I'd think I would kinda prefer the last crewmember to be.... y'know, a human. Frankly, I can't help but think that any other non-human crewmates would just end up being another "mascot", like Chopper.....

Quote:
i really do question the chances of new strawhats... i mean i feel like the moment they enter the new world will be the most definite point in which no one else will join up. Though i question it even at this point... each strawhat may just get their own solo arc and any crew member that were to join up at this point would miss out on the experience. I feel like this separation may have been like a defining moment for the strawhats in that it feels like it is something they must all take part it... experience complete defeat at the hands of Kizaru and Kuma, and then get thrown all over the world (or maybe just the grandline) and then overcome all obstacles to each find their own way back to eachother; go to great lengths for nothing more than to reuinite with one another... It's almost like saying, a true nakama of the strawhats will travel half the world just to reunite with them... this is an experience that no new strawhat will have to face... unless they alone are sent flying by Kuma in the future or something

Well, Luffy said from the beginning that he wanted a 10-person crew, so there has to be at least one more person joining. Whether or not the last member will be from the New World is still up in the air at this point. And yes, while it's true that this seperation brings us a lot of potential for character development, that doesn't mean that there still wouldn't be room for development between the crew after they've reunited. They've still got a long way to go before conquering the Grand Line, after all. So therefore, I'd think that the last crewmember would still have some tough hurdles to jump, no matter how late in the series he/she joins the crew....