View Single Post
Old 2021-05-13, 16:49   Link #10774
dragon1412

normally though, I always on alert when reading novels with brainwashed type, they tend to create very convoluted situation and make a lot of questions like why isn't the brainwashing work on everyone or why isn't the user fully take advantage of it like making a cult or creating army. The majority of time I read most Brainwashing trope is simply for the sake of drama. Or force create situation like above. Story with really good mind type abilities is very rare though, whether it is on villains or hero.

It's not only the matter of non Virgin though, I mean, most Japanese readers would probably go errrr as well if the cause of the NTR is actually brainwashing rather than the usual Zamaa trope. Don't know why the author went with it TBH.

I mean I actually really like mind type based abilities like brainwashing or hypnosis, But most of the time it actually only there for the drama instead of being an actual threat deserving of it nature, I mean, most mind control villains just when oh no when the abilities don't work on the hero and supposedly getting scared and went no please don't hit me, I mean, take a page from Lelouch, actively using his geass in battle and his order is the very biggest threat in the entire story.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote