View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 17:10   Link #20046
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: There are worse things to be hated for than putting your foot in your mouth.
Keroko-chan: ... you're hopeless. Oh well, I tried. Oi, Grandis, if you can teach him why tact is a good thing, feel free to do so. Don't hold back.

Quote:
Arcas: Ow! You don't have to hit me! And you don't always have the time to gather more information - sometimes you have to go in blind - Rogues know that better than anyone.

Keroko-chan:
You're damn right I know! Why do you think Rogue Squadron has the highest casualty rate of any Squadron in the TSAB?! That's why I try to gather as much data as possible, even when its impossible to do so! Your irresponsible attitude is what costs us lives out there!

Quote:
Arcas: No...it's just the way you phrased it.
Tesla: Bluntly?

Quote:
Arcas: I'm not sure how to interpret , so I'm just going to say that you're being facetious, okay?

Keroko-kun:
I was merely stating facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
1: Those images are prelims. Once I do a function sketch of the design, clean it up, shrink those shoulder pads a little, it'll be all nice and solid. Remember, that's just the concept image.
Then I'll reserve judgement untill I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
2: As for hollow, you still miss the point. The armor plating surrounds the human. But the framework is most certainly more like sidelong bones. Look at the SARCOS exoskeleton again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkCcoenLW4
You build the 'master frame' like a bone structure. This gets rid of that weakness problem you're talking about. You're not wearing hollow tubes. You're standing in a combat frame with a body pressure suit and overlapping, body covering plating matierals.
I was refering to the plates as the bones, actually. Anyway, that oughta eliminate the major weaknesses indeed, but it still doesn't convince me that such armors are better then a Device/Barrier Jacket combo. Still, since its being developped by a robo-mania, it now at least makes sense why its being developped.