View Single Post
Old 2016-09-27, 02:42   Link #586
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I know, what are you people reading? Breitbart? Stormfront? r/incel? The verdict across the media landscape was near-unanimous, and even the likes of Fox News had shell shock before they started the counterspin.

And if you actually watched the debate live, I'm sure you absolutely didn't miss the audience laughing unprompted at Mr. Trump's remarkable rant about his superior temperament, did you?
I don't even have to say anything at all and the cognitive dissonance just keeps coming.

And since when has the media who said things like "Trump will not run... Trump will drop out... Trump's ceiling is 30%... 35%... 40%... 45%... 50%!!! For real this time!" suddenly regained their credibility? They have been incompetent for the whole election cycle. I still remember how the pundits were assured that the "lines between the states" debate would hurt Trump, or that Trump has pretty much lost the nomination after losing the Wisconsin primary... or how the election was already wrapped up just a few weeks ago... Again and again Trump defied those opinions of the "experts".

Instead a certain cartoonist who predicted a Trump landslide has been more accurate until now than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think (IMO) Frank Luntz has the fairest indicator of Trump and Hillary performance on tonight debate, and you can see how each section fair with each candidate own base, opponent base and independence.

Summary (points scored out of 100 based on favourability):
  • the beginning with economy and trade. Trump actually do very well against independence (average 65) much better than Hillary (average 45).
  • Trump excuses over his tax return was poor across the board (30~ish), but it shot to 60 for undecided and 75 for Republican when he tell Hillary to release her email in return of his tax return
  • Hillary attacks on him not paying his workers earn high favourability of undecided (70)
  • Hillary earn high point for her answers to racial issues (70 for undecided and Democrats), while Trump is 55 for undecided and 70 for Republican (the Law and order speech)
  • Weird thing, her offer to come on a plan to counter racial issue earned her 90 for Democrats, but only 65 for undecided.
  • Trump's answer for the birther tanked the worst, got only 30 for his base and 40 for undecided, probably for different reason
  • Funny thing, when Hillary firstly said "he want to put the birther situation to rest", Republican was very favorable of that (75), but her following "but it can't dismissed it easy", got her down to 50. Democrats increase from 50 to 65 through
  • Hillary ISIS plan scored 70 for both Democrats and Republican, but undecided give her 55
  • Trump attack on Hillary stamina earned only 40 for his base and undecided, her answer earned high for Democrats (70) but undecided stay at 40
  • Their answer on how the loser will support the winner after election got 55 overall

Overall, answers for both birther and tax return were big issue for Trump when it comes to undecided (<40). Hillary earned real high on undecided for her answer on racial issues (70), but Trump wasn't so bad either (55). Trump however win on trade and economy (65 to Hillary's 45).

If Trump follow this however, he may bring the email issue up a lots in next debate, as it score very high amongst undecided and Republican (60-75) despite he barely mentioned it
Clinton has pretty much run out of ammo. Any success she has here will rebound in the next debate because she won't be able to attack Trump without repeating a talking point. And she doesn't seem to talk very much about herself and her policies, other than the 2 minute segment each candidate has, at least nothing that people really remember afterwards.