Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 08:43   Link #10853
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Phew since halloween there wasn't a single post. That is unacceptable. (smile)

I genuinely found out the fact that I am depressed. I searched for symptoms and consulted with people and the fact that i am uninterested in dating is because of this. It is an advanced form of it so i would likely to have a big change in my life or it will advance further. Now that is really refreshing to know. But I don't see how i could have my view of my life changed into a more positive one.
I was thinking of one of your comments on going to work out, maybe if i do that my opinion about me will change and that might have a positive effect. As i will get my salary soon i will try it. It will not hurt. But thinking that i will be spending my birthday, christmas and new year alone again, brings me down.

Also a fellow from work she said maybe smart people don't tend to be happy. I asked her why does she think i am smart ( i try and keep it a secret. IQ = 147), cuz i pretend i am an average guy. She said it is visible because it is like all of my steps are calculated. Then i told her about the truth. She is like that too. Only she is in a relationship and also sh is not my type.
So knowing this girls see through me like glass. Oh well. This is like a stab in the chest. I fail at pretending too. It was expected. I fail like at everything that depends on social interaction.
No no no no. I should not think like that of myself. I should be more positive.

Well i will write later on. B-bye. And good luck.
Sorry for all the mistakes ihave written this from my "smartphone".
Hate to tell you this, but the smarter you are the harder it is to hide. Just your behavior alone should give cues that you're definitely above the average. Just be yourself and try to find people that can keep up with you. My challenge for you is to change small habits you do everyday to make life a little bit more interesting. If you usually drink coffee add cherry flavor. If you usually use your laptop at home just go to Starbucks and use your laptop there. You might be able to find something that may inspire you and kickstart your thought process.

PS I think some smarter people tend to be less happy because they cannot blend into society and actually are aware of the unique problems of soceity and themselves. My recommendation is to pay attention to small activities of life and enjoy the simple moments like taking the time to watch birds fly.