View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 05:39   Link #3539
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
...I seriously have no idea how you got this from the interview.
The interview. When he says there's no way to continue it due to how Ranka and Sheryl are changed blood wise.

Quote:
Note: I wrote 'direct sequel', by which I meant a detailed continuation of the Frontier story in anime (or any other form of work, even if Kawamori says it's a possibility). If they ever make another future Macross, I bet we'd hear the names of at least one of Alto, Sheryl and Ranka again - but it'll be just in passing, much like Sharon Apple and Lynn Minmei were mentioned/seen in passing in Frontier.
Well, yes; but it'd hold no direct connection to the future Macross. Which is what I was implying.

Quote:
Repetitive? Really? E.g. Before all the spoilers came out, you could have predicted the entire plot of the movies? And two songstresses, was that ever done before? And a protagonist who was a kabuki actor, i.e. as far away from a pilot as one could probably get?
Triangle: mature girl wins.
Plot: quick and shaky
Enemy: 2D
Mecha: excellent

The repetitive piece I'm referring to is the fact that in the love triangle, the elder girl or most mature always tends to win or they have a triangular ending, the plot is either quick or not well delivered (like with Zero) and the enemy is always 2D. And ninety percent of the time, we deal with the Zentradi. The whole series, as a franchise is repetitive this way.

And your sentences are really a fool's questions. Kawamori was talking about what is stated above. He's more referring to the genres in his stories: triangle, music, and mecha. So far, the music is only repetitive with reminding you about past Macross'. The mecha continues to grow. But the triangles are repetitive as a whole: guy/girl picks more mature girl/guy. And one thing he mentions very well is story. I've been thinking that the 2nd movie had a shaky plot even when you single out the important plot (not the triangle but the war). He seems to believe that until he finds a solid plot, Macross might go on hiatus.

Last edited by LoveMeKags; 2011-12-04 at 06:55.