Thread: Crunchyroll Miss Bernard said
View Single Post
Old 2016-10-22, 22:58   Link #8
s07195
However,

I didn't know this was a three minute series just from the MAL entry for this season's anime, so I was disappointed.
I guess I was expecting Dagashikashi with books, mainly relying on the interactions between the characters to build some sort of rapport, so I was... yeah, disappointed.

We all have a bit of Bernard-jou in us, but the series doesn't wanna capitalize on that, and it feels like the references made are cheap references - they don't do anything to make people interested in checking the actual books out, so people who aren't in the know will just sit there confused.

(I'm more of a classical English Literature reader, so most of the SF references were lost on me. )

By the way, how are Haruki Murakami's works viewed in Japan? Do people really get disgusted by them? At the very least, I find the stance of reading works that he translated interesting. That entire segment on Murakami was the best part out of the three episodes so far.

The voice acting is decent though. Now if this show gains a bit of heart, and explains why she's called Bernard-jou, that would be great. As it stands at the moment, I'm watching because of the short runtime...