View Single Post
Old 2008-06-14, 16:58   Link #85
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, if they base their opinions on just appearances or plainly fail, can't even read between the lines or acknowledge the fact that Lelouch is (although you could sum his objectives and personality in a few lines) a complex, sometimes prideful character who is overly fond of circuitous plans, then I'm sorry but they're not exactly the best type of audience you would wish for.

I'm not asking them to be rocket scientists who can spot every allegory, hidden speech and meaning everywhere there is one (I believe they'd feel more at home with series like Evangelion), but they should have a broader mind when considering certain events, especially since Code Geass is a show full of surprises and speedy developments. And the Tianzi kidnapping scene with Lelouch laughing machiavellically certainly doesn't limit itself to Lelouch rejoicing on capturing the Empress. His reasons are more subtle than that - but people just won't look past that. But then I guess, experiencing emotions is one of the things we seek out when reading, so I will not rant any further. I'll just mourn the existence of a certain, lingering narrow-mindedness...

Fantastic job you've been doing so far, Cal. Keep it going!