View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 12:19   Link #23
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Important scenes that gave a much large insight on a character, such as the accident or the deal with his father's near-death and the impact on her? Those are something that belonged in the main adaptation.
I'd say these two examples are good use of tie-ins. For the progression of the plot, all we needed to know was that there was an accident with Nanoha's father and herself. That's it. The finer details aren't directly relevant to the plot, so a full-blown flashback would only serve to destroy the pacing. Using tie-ins to explain the details that can't be properly explained in an anime is a perfect use of the media available.

A better example of terrible tie-ins is the whole Fate/Erio/Caro dynamic. That was never touched upon in the anime, yet essential during Fate's climactic fight. Not to mention that much of it included basic character development for Erio and Caro, two main characters in the anime, yet barely developed there at all. That is an example of terrible use of tie-ins.

As for what I'd personally like to see... I'd like to see the PSP-verse explored more. This time watching the girls grow up instead of grown up.