View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 14:24   Link #7505
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Ok, let take this back. You see what I tried to say, and fail at that I must admit, was that in the end the Numbers could not be the same level of killers than the Hückebein family if they were deal with such crimes off panel. I really don’t care about the Numbers at all but I always assume they didn’t kill people, at least the young ones, so they were forgiven rather easy. Because how else you let them go that easily? And let’s not discuss how that happens here and just follow my idea.
I see what you tried to say, and I also see that when running into an argument you couldn't counter, you backtracked amazingly fast. So let's stay on the subject of bodycount for a moment. What, to you, counts as a "confirmed" death? Bodies? 'cause that's all we have for the Hucks. And in that case...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wendi's kill count in this image alone is already 17. For one of the younger Cyborgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Back to what I was saying is that the Hückebein are not like the other antagonist that were befriend. Ok, maybe they are like the Numbers but they were not like the previous antagonist either. I mean look at the stories and you realize that Fate and the Wolkenritter were not happy murders who just went on killing dozens of people, even children, and smile about it. Fact remains we see bodies around the Hückebein when they attack Vandin, we see the three nuns Veyron kills in the church for no good reasons and we see Cypha admit she kill every single man, woman and child in a village. Later we see Thoma saying he was sorry for attacking Veyron and welcome Cypha with a smile. Is just me the one who finds this odd? Well, even so, it is odd and is my point to show Thoma is not really a good protagonist as he is right now just going with that idea because is the Nanoha thing and not for better reasons.

There is when I have problems with Thoma. He doesn’t develop his idea and just go with the whole: I owe this killers so much and I want to make them my friends. I can get behind he feels he has to be grateful, I can understand he sees some good in them even with all their crimes, what I can’t take is his attitude towards them. He acts like they were close friends that just went away for their own reasons and not criminals he sees with a chance of redemption. I just say he needs to make his act more believable, because right now he looks like a perfect idiot. Worse part? If the Hückebein somehow end evil I am sure he will be shock to learn they tried to use him.
But that's.... pretty much how Nanoha's treated everyone she saved as well. And nobody's giving her any flak over it either.

Don't get me wrong, Thoma being buddy-buddy with the Hucks definitely weirds me out as well, but I keep seeing people say this is different from the other Nanoha series when it really isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
As awesome as that claim looked i must add, the onscreen confirmed deaths by linker core extraction is: zero xDU

So far it has been shown to be extemely painfull and leave the target weakened for a while but as A's shown Nanoha, Fate and the drained mages survived just fine and more importantly ...the process isn't permanent, a linker core regenerates xD ...don't believe in Cyclone's crazy plot xDU
There is a difference between Linker Core draining and Linker Core removing. Nanoha had her core drained, but still present. Those beasts that the knights hunted had their cores removed, and none of those looked much alive.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote