View Single Post
Old 2014-01-30, 03:34   Link #9240
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Actually, if memory serves me right, it goes something like this:

There's an old pair that lives by the river, and Susano visits them one day when they grieve. They say that seven of their daughters were devoured by the beast Yamata-no-Orochi, and only a single one remains (Kushinada-hime? can't recall). Then Susano offers them a deal - since the last daughter will be devoured the next day, give her to him instead of the snake. As they agree, Susano turns the last daughter into a beautiful comb, and puts her in his hair, then starts making an eight doored cabin. He puts a big bottle of fine sake behind all eight doors. Once Yamata-no-Orochi comes to devour the last daughter, it finds the sake and starts drinking. Once all his heads doze off after getting drunk, Susano starts to cut up its body from the heads, but when he reaches its tail, his sword snaps in two. Then when he looks for the cause, he finds a majestic blade in its tail, dubbed "Ama-no-Murakumo no Tsurugi" (Also called the sword of Kusanagi, styled 'grasscutter sword', one of Japan's three imperial treasure weapons, and a symbol of Japan). Probably not 100% correct, been a while since I read the whole story.

Spoiler for Ama no Murakumo:

Spoiler for Powers:

Edit: about the anime. It has an anime-exclusive plot where as the "last boss", Methis sustituted for Ama-no-Murakumo. I have no problems with not being LN faithful completely (cutting out minor characters like Diana and Andrea f.e., who were more or less comic reliefs in the original story - Diana being a fun accomplice of Karen, while Andrea being the "tsukkomi" of Doni - was probably entirely logical, since they served no meaningful purpose in the LN at all). The problem I have is that the story will probably not continue in anime format, and that is a shame. I'd love to watch it in a 52 episode version, and it's a real shame I'll probably never be able to do so. Well, at least all the content can be read in a very good translation with very few errors or typos (hats off for zzhk!) on BT. Great fortune itself, but roughly said, a bit of sugar in the cup of ripened ****. Sad, tbh.
I like this novel mainly for the juicy details. I find gatherings in the Kusanagi household fun, when the totally dunce and oblivious Godou bears Shizuka's wrath, while Erica laughs to herself, Liliana acts like a dignified but lovestruck maiden, Yuri is just as oblivious as Godou, and Ena strangely understands what's going on, but literally doesn't give a flying damn about it. It's quite romantic and fun, and it should advance in a slightly more unleashed manner now that Godou finally admitted to being a harem protagonist at heart. Can't wait for the end of feb, when the novel translations will start

Last edited by RpR1337; 2014-01-30 at 03:50.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote