Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-18, 08:39   Link #104
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
After reading the first Tankubon, I now say "What's Love Hina"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
I don't think Eva used full force when she fought Negi. Especially consider how easily she destroyed "2 face" ehehe

I like the spell she used:

In the name of Darkness that is Infinate, Glacier that is eternal, I shall end the World. (Rough Translation)
I thought it was a cracker of an introduction. When Negi called Mahora when
Spoiler:

Regarding her powers, I think she still has some restraints placed on her- like
Spoiler:

BTW, I loved the quote "In a large scale battle like this a magic user's role is nothing more than high powered artillery- in other words, firepower is everything!" That, and Asuna's line "Kids who are naughty... need to be PUNISHED!"

Quote:
BTW I think Asuna maybe trouble later on because of her imunity to Magic. Since we don't know who her parents were, they could be anything....
What we do know is that she came from overseas... you don't suppose she was placed in the school because seven or eight years later it is planned she'd become Negi's partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Not sure if this manga will ever get serious enough that it would do something like that... It's an Akamatsu manga after all...
Don't sell it short- this isn't another Love Hina. There is a huge depth to this series that so far has only scratched the surface. Originally we thought this was going to be a sex comedy on the lines of Love Hina, except instead of several girls in the harem we have 31 girls, and in the first two volumes it certainly seems this way. Come the Evangeline storyline, and the plot turns in a totally different direction. Like...

Spoiler:

Quote:
BTW where the heaven is Negi's mom? I meant he never mention anything about her, not even in flash back. Hell, only his sister (if that's his biological sister, Asuna looks more like his sister then she) showed up for his graduation. What self respecting parents would miss their son graduation? Unless of course they are dead or dead beat. So where is his mom? It just bug me because Negi only care about his dad so I guess his mom is till alive...but he never care for her. He sleep with his sister, which makes one think that's all he got. But if his mom is still alive, wouldn't it be more logical to have him sleep with his mom instead?
I think we need patience here; MSN certainly looks like it's going to be an epic of a story. After all in Ranma 1/2 we don't learn that Ranma's mother is still alive for awhile in the manga. Don't forget there's still a few girls left to make their introduction, like the intriguing Zazie Rainyday, and the round faced cookery girl.

Quote:
Furthermore, could his mom be TM's permanant partner? What happened if your perm partner die? Can you make a new contract? Questions questions ehhe although it kinda funny that Eva acts like his step mom. Wonder what will happen when the real mom shows up, I think there is gonna be one nasty fight......
If Love Hina is Akamatsu's Maison Ikkoku, then this is Akamatsu's "InuYasha".

Widya Santoso
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote