Thread: Food you cook
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 03:45   Link #36
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
This thread SO needs pics.
I so agree. If you guys have pictures of the food you cook, please post them!!! Oh and egg on a criossant sounds yummie.

@Genjichan please do post more of recipes from your country!!!

My newest addition:

First a short story. My bro, his gf and I went to eat some chinese the other day and I ordered this dish: hot and sour eggplant dish.

It is a vegetarian dish, but the lack of meat didnt bother me. It was delicious to fabulous max.

Once at home, I startd thinking, whether I could cook it myself and I succeeded. Here is what you need:

1. eggplant cubed in bigger chunks
2. red and green pepper, cut in larger pieces too
3. onion sliced
4. vegetable oil
5. soy sauce
6. sweet chili sauce (the soy sauce and chili sauce should be mixed in a ratio 3:1, meaning about 2-3 times more soy sauce than chili sauce. But it really depends on how strong either the sauces is. You have to experiment a little to find see how you prefer it)
7. finely cut garlic

The preparation was really easy:

1. First I deep fried the eggplant cubes and set them aside in a bowl with kitchen paper (to absorb the oil from the eggplant)
2. I stir fried onion and the pepper pieces and when done, I added some garlic for 30-40 seconds
3. I poured over with light soya sauce (the one with low salt content) and added some sweet chili sauce (which btw is sweet, but also spicy. I think it might have been a tad too spicy, so be careful with it) and reduced the sauce by cooking until it started to look sticky.
4. Added the deep fried eggplant pieces and stired, until they were evenly coated with the sauce

5. Serve with rice. YUMMIE!!!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote