View Single Post
Old 2012-06-13, 15:23   Link #26
word sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
The best thing about Japanese animation is that is fully maximizes the potential of animation as a storytelling medium. If we look at how its western counterparts tend to utilize it, it isn't utilized as well as it could be. For example, I notice that animation there is mostly used for the younger demographic, or if something for adults comes up, it's usually some crude sitcom. As such, it's apparent to me that western animation is boxed and limited by preconceived notions of what animation "should be".

In Japanese animation, we can find titles that cater to nearly every possible demographic and genre. Here, the flexibility it provides in storytelling is used to great effect to enhance nearly any type of story. It fills several niches that live action productions cannot. From all this, it is apparent that in Japan, animation transcends the derogatory label of a mere genre to becoming an established visual medium for storytelling.

For me, it represents the pinnacle of modern day animation.

You put it perfectly!