View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 14:33   Link #4232
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
This post is the continuation of something from the manga thread for the point of discussing it with someone else:

As I have mentioned before here (but no one seems to notice), there is a Japanese blog shown here (http://tomodachi100.blog54.fc2.com/blog-entry-947.html) that keeps track of the Fairy Tail manga and anime, and it has all but confirmed that the anime will not only continue from now to beyond the coming April, but there will be filler arcs. At least, I think it does. It's in Japanese, which I can't easily read.

Anyway, here's a excerpt from the blog (in Japanese):

さて~、ここからはアニメの見所や今後の展開について。
次回からはいよいよハデスとのバトルに入る。
格好良いから楽しみにしていてほしいとのことだ。

そして、気になっていたことが明らかになった。
書いて良い?
書いちゃうよ??

フェアリーテイルのアニメ・・・

4月以降も続きます!!

うわあぁぁぁぁぁい!!

4月以降はアニメオリジナル編になるそうで、製作には真島先生がガッツリ関わっておられるとのこ と。
原作で出来なかったことを詰め込むらしく、笑いあり・バトルあり・涙あり・・・の話になるんだ とか。
また、7年後の世界での原作では触れられていないキャラについて描かれるらしく、その他にも凄い色物が出て きたり、多数の新キャラが出てくるようだ。

そして、原作には登場していないキャラとして、2人の名前が挙がった。
① ココ
エドラスの彼女とは違う、アースランドのココが登場するとのこと。
ココと出会ったときのリリーのリアクションをお楽しみに、とのことだった。
また、4月からの新OPにもココが登場するようだ。
②キナナ
7年後の立ち位置がどうの~って話だった。
原作ではフェアリーテイルに残っていないので、別のギルドに所属していると思われる。
それが、今までに出てきたギルドである可能性も・・・?

From what I could make out, there will be filler involving two separate characters:

First is the Earthland counterpart of Coco, that little girl from Edolas who always runs around and seems to be fond of Panther Lily.

Second is Kinana, an employee who works at Fairy Tail, but is really the human form of Cubelios, the former giant flying snake companion of Cobra from Oracion Seis. According to her character profile from the manga, Kinana was transformed into a snake by an evil wizard, but was changed back into a human by Makarov and went on to work at Fairy Tail as a waitress. She has no memory of her time as Cubelios. Also, the character has appeared in the guild since episode 96, after Natsu and co. returned from Edolas. In fact, she also makes a few appearances walking around in the background in episode 118.

What I want to know is the exact details behind why this information was said. I mean, is this really a confirmation? Will there be filler involving these particular characters? Or is this all just some form of speculation? Because the blogger came back from a convention and got to ask questions, such as whether or not the anime would continue into this April, since the current schedule of episodes ends goes onto the end of this March. The blogger got her answer: the anime will continue. And then they got the whole deal with these characters. Any help in better translating what was said would be very...well...helpful.
You basically got what's important. The earlier part says that all the fillers are based on Mashima's ideas for things that he didn't have room to put in the manga, and that there will be a "ton" of new characters showing up.
The next part spoilers the end of this arc so:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote