View Single Post
Old 2008-02-29, 10:16   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I think I can help with this one, considering childhood loves is a subset of my absolute moe property. I'm assuming you're looking for elementary school age and younger (ages 12 and younger), so looking down the list I have (listed in chronological order)...

Angelic Layer
Pitaten
Asagiri no Miko
Futakoi
Noein
Akazukin
Shinigami no Ballad (eps1)
Kyou no Go no Ni
Dennou Coil

Middle school shows (ages 13-15) include
Da Capo
DNAngel
Fafner (not sure on this one, since the ages are ambiguous IIRC)
Shinigami no ballad (eps 3, they're middle school IIRC)
Da Capo 2

Of those you haven't watched, I particularly recommend...
Noein - the absolute best anime of 2005 IMO, wihch sadly, no one has ever really heard about. Art style is definitely not what you're used to, but the story and romance is I tihnk exactly what you're looking for.

Akazukin - it's like adventure fantasy like Tsubasa Chornicles, though it has more emphasis on the adventure part. Still, there's romance here and there.

Dennou Coil - Like Noein before it, it's IMO an excellent anime that almost no one ever watched. Heard it was a decade in the making, and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into it.

Da Capo 2 - You found DC1 decent, so give this show a shot as I thought it was much better. Not to mention the second season is coming this april, of which I have much higher hopes for.

So yeah, definitely give Dennou Coil and Noein a shot, as I really think you'd like it considering the list of watched shows you have.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)