View Single Post
Old 2008-08-01, 17:52   Link #6
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Can't forget the Macross classic "Watashi no kare wa pilot (My Boyfriend is a Pilot)" which predates Ai, Oboete imasuka?, while I think the latter is the far superior song Watashi no kare wa pilot launched Iijama's career and helped make Minmei such a popular character in Japan.
This song deserves SS level in its importance for the reasons you mentioned. It was total injustice that this song was mutated to ' This is ---- Star ' ( B+ level since this still was an important moment in history for good AND BAD ) in the Robotech broadcast. Macross is filled with historically important song for this is the first series where music became center stage in Japan. This was like Fantasia of Disney.

Fantasia : We are getting into classical music history here, which is probably two levels above anime music in terms of world wide impact. This just is in a different league. I can't rate them here.

1970-80s : Space Battleship Yamato theme song - Heck! This song is still used as cheerleading song in Japan. It also features one of best use of male chorus among anime song. S+ level.

Last edited by wontaek; 2008-08-02 at 06:33.
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote