Thread: Licensed Kara No Kyokai
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-02, 04:34   Link #1318
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I don't think "remake" is a suitable description either.

Like I said before, KnK seems more of a precursor to the world that is Tsukihime and FSN. You have elements of KnK in both Tsukihime and FSN, of which are directly related. From what I know, Tsukihime and FSN practically belong in the same universe, though I cannot be quoted on that.

Nanaya Shiki from Tsukihime is practically comparable to Mikiya in terms of looks, and also hails from a particular special bloodline of some renown similar to Ryougi Shiki—not to mention, that both possess comparable and yet contrasting main powers: Eyes of Death Perception. KnK also features the idea of the Magi, whose machinations play a more prominent role in FSN. Last but not least, Tsukihime and KnK feature Aoko and Touko Aozaki, who despite being featured in two separate universes are—by Nasuverse canon—sisters.

And oh, you also have to take into account the existence of Melty Blood, which is another alternate path springing from Tsukihime.

The whole interrelatedness of these universes reminds me of Kajishima's Tenchi Muyo. There's a quite a number of Tenchi series and spin offs at present, with a few of them having no direct relation with the others at all. Different continuities and all that. The only thing that binds them is that Kajishima differentiates what the main canon is. Nasu on the other hand, doesn't seem to place such importance in such a hierarchy. That is, I haven't heard of him making such a claim of that sort.
If memory serves me right... I believe Tohsaka alludes to a certain famous puppetmaster during the HF epilogue... hmmm...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote