View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 21:25   Link #277
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
don't remember any duel in vol 1 and Aria already handle the lvl1 boss.
That was something Asuna was talking to the fisherman Nishida about. It was never actually shown in-series, but if animated, would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Level 25 or 50 seems like good spots..

But the more Asuna x Kirito teasing there are, the harder RNR (Which was IMO one of the most emotional arcs where you really feel Kirito's humanity clearly) is to set up.

In any case, if I remember correctly, the 50th floor occurred soon after RNR. And since RNR is probably the nadir of Kirito's SAO experience, having Asuna come back in an awesome fashion and duelling the hell out of Kirito (for avoiding her, and moping around the past few months,being borderline suicidal, along with the superficial reason behind the duel) sounds rather appealing to me, as a rebound. That's just speculation of course.

But the order I'd like to see is:

Red Nose Reindeer
First Day (The absolute Nadir where being Kirito is suffering holds most true)
Asuna vs Kirito (the start of the rebound)
The Black Swordsman
A Murder case in the Area (and hopefully, a prelude to it)
Warmth of the Heart (and the alluded to meetings between Asuna and Kirito between Warmth and Murder. )

But I guess we'll wait and see. If Aria is 2 episodes, odds are, we won't get ALO (unless SAO get's a second cour), and SAO ends with a cliffhanger.
Actually, honestly speaking if you stick to the distilled experience IMO you could cover ALO in 8 eps or so, which leaves 16 eps for SAO total, which seems about right for me (don't forget you'll need one ep for the epilogue).

That said, given what Asuna says, I think A Murder Case would come first, since that's when she first started to develop feelings for Kirito, and then the duelling... it's after those two events that Asuna starts defrosting and becomes less the hardass KoB subleader as in the OP.

I really hope they'll bring off the co-defrosting well. Kirito begins Asuna's defrosting, then after his heart has frozen, Asuna defrosts him.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote