Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-15, 09:23   Link #2313
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But Yukana's great talent seems to have overcome all that. Not only did she play Mashiro in Mai-Otome, and Dominura, Eri and Erif in Simoun, but she has important roles in two current hits: Code Geass and Soukou no Strain. Roles that differ considerably from either of her roles in Simoun. I love her work in both shows, and so far can actually recommend the latter show itself, which is mecha SF with a plot based loosely on A Little Princess (!?), and which stars the great Kawasumi Ayako.
I know this post is a little off-topic for the Simoun thread, but thanks for the info about Yukana. I've heard she was a 'controversial' actress, though never really understood why. Like fignae I don't give an ounce for her personal life but I'm glad she's bounced back from it, whatever the truth is.

She was interviewed in the Code Geass special and left quite an impression on me. She came across as not only hugely talented but also as someone who was deeply professional with a touch of glamour thrown in. In absolute stark contrast to the wannabe seiyuus in their bikinis fighting like cats for a minor role in said show.

I was impressed with her Dominura, even if she was overshadowed by the rest of the cast. Hopefully these new roles in Geass and Strain will help her get more recognition.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote