View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 01:45   Link #1691
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, then all of us non-japanese speaking people should just stop watching anime and reading manga and listening to japanese songs because we don't understand the moonspeak, as we wouldn't get the deeper meanings of the things being said? And what about the engrish they use sometimes? It's "acceptable", then? It's funny, actually.
Like I've been saying all along, this kinda reasoning is bigoted and impolite. If you wanna subscribe to it, fine. Don't mind if I don't.

And you did write that you agreed with the people from Nico, in that "foreigners can't appreciate japanese music". You didn't qualify it with foreigners who don't understand the language. To most xenophobes who would subscribe to this kinda notion, it wouldn't make a bit of difference - you'd still not be japanese. Just a wannabe.
That's something very harsh to say, after a person goes to all the trouble of learning the language, and all...

Also, I still don't get the deeper meaning or the importance of Seikan Hikou, to the japanese audience.
lol, how many times must I repeat that nobody ever said that not understanding something means that you should stop enjoying.

I did agree, and when asked why, I explained because people don't understand the language, that's why they'll never understand it fully.

And its exactly why I used the word foreigner for myself, I'm grouping myself with everyone who's a foreigner. Even if I learnt Japanese and understood what I hear, I'll never understand it in the exact same perspective as the Japanese. The Japanese have the fairest view and best opinions because the songs are designed by Japanese, for Japanese.

Chinese will appreciate Chinese music the most, Americans will appreciate American music the most, Indians for Indian music, Africans for African music and so on. We can only learn their languages to understand more, more than what we can understand without knowing their languages, but we will never truly and fully understand.

And for Seikan Hikou, lol like I said, I used it as the example only because it was the point where the uproar started. The Japanese did say the song is special to them, I myself like the song, but even I do not know the full exact reasons why they like it so much. Unless we are Japanese, we won't know exactly why they love it so much. But hey, no ones stopping anyone from loving or hating it.

I came in peace but wasn't welcomed, this is one of the most volatile and sensitive subforums in AS, I think I sparked off something as an outsider and got chased out. Well, I'll be sleeping now and won't be carrying on with this argument, you guys can return to your normal routines.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote