View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 23:51   Link #289
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Ah, see, I love that kind of orchestrated music.

His video game scores are award-winning and the best I've ever heard. They are brassy at times, as they tend to be something you might hear in a war-epic. However, there is a substantial amount of strings in most pieces. Overall, he does extraordinarily well, in my opinion. I have copies of all his Medal of Honor OSTs and they're some of my most cherished sets (and probably most played on my computer/iPod).

Everyone views things differently, but, for me, if John Williams cannot/will not do Episode VII, I would LOVE for Giacchino to get the nod.
Would you mind recommending one or two of his video game scores to me so that I might see what they're like? I'm always willing to expand my horizons. It may be that I simply haven't heard enough of what he's capable of doing. You noted the Medal of Honor OSTS . . . would those be a good starting place?

I'm assuming, of course, that video game scores are available as easily as movie scores are so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^How about we comprimise and let Giacchino do the video game score
LOL. I'm willing to concede that. Of course you know there are going to be new Star Wars video games galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well there is always Kevin Kiner, who is the composer on the currently airing Clone Wars series. If anything he has experiance with his own works and works of John Williams within a Star Wars setting.
I'm not familiar with him so I peeked at his IMDB listing and it appears that I haven't seen anything for which he has done the music So unfortunately I'm unable to form an opinion. It seems that he has primarily worked in television with a few video games scattered here and there. I honestly can't see them going with someone who has no feature film credits to his name.