View Single Post
Old 2008-03-03, 22:52   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
WOW my Hopes are now crushed. I thought the early license was to release early too. Isnt that supposed to be sub only too? I thought like in about a month at the very most. I mean if they have a release by may ( which is around 2 months after the end of the series) why even such high prices. And why even One epiosde per volume? are there limited item collections in there?
Heh -- well, even though it's sub only, this is about the fastest release we've ever seen compared to the Japanese DVDs (except for shows that were financed directly by American companies). Basically, it's just the time it takes for them to get the finalized Japanese DVD content, translate it, get it printed/produced, and shipped to the U.S. So yeah, I think you had pretty high expectations of turnaround...

In terms of the volume count, it'll be on 7 DVDs in all, just like the Japanese release. The first disc has one episode, and the rest have two each. As for why it's like that? Well, basically, because that's the way the Japanese DVDs are, and the reason it's coming out so quickly is that they're more-or-less appropriating the Japanese DVDs, translating them, and releasing them here with subtitles. The price is a similar logic -- it's priced more-or-less the same as the Japanese DVDs (about $5 cheaper/disc MSRP).

In terms of extras, it seems like the disc will include a short bonus animation, the textless opening, and a booklet. Sort of standard in terms of Bandai Visual Japan extras go at that price point. (Believe it or not, this is one of the cheaper Japanese pricepoints for a 1-cour show.)

In any case, as I probably said before, I'm looking forward to it because I was going to buy the Japanese DVDs anyway. The fact that this is a bit cheaper and with subtitles works out nicely for me.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote