View Single Post
Old 2008-05-13, 17:42   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well 日日日's other work 狂乱家族日記 got turned into an anime and that one is still on-going. I haven't read any of the 蟲と眼球 books as I still trying to get through 日日日's other book 魔女の生徒会長.

So how does 蟲と眼球 compare to 狂乱家族日記
I haven't really read/seen enough to make a good comparison, but after one volume of Mushi to Medama and 6 episodes of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, I find Mushi to Medama to be better. Can't really pinpoint the reason.
Maybe it's just because of the genre difference and that Mushi to Medama is more exciting/interesting.
Mushi to Medama doesn't have the craziness I've seen in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, which I find to be a good thing.

Never read the novels for Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, so I can't say much about the actual writing style, etc.
KKN is far more unique than MtM, that's for sure, and MtM isn't the most original thing so far, but it isn't predictable like some stereotypical novels (ex. Toradora).
Oh, and one more thing is that I like about MtM is that it is resolute. Completely finished. Unlike the ongoing-who-knows-when-it-will-end KKN.

And... I sound like I'm blabbering pointlessly. Sorry for not being able to help much.
I guess the best way is to try it out yourself.
For a sample, you can always go to MF Bunko's website, search for Mushi to Medama to Teddybear, and read the sample.
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/
Anyways, it was a good read. The plot felt like it went by smoothly, it wasn't confusing (for a series with terminology...), the characters developed (a lot, both backstory and real time), and it was enjoyable.

How is Majou no Seitokaichou? Don't know much about it except that it is a fantasy-academy story about a witch student council president.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote