View Single Post
Old 2013-08-14, 16:20   Link #590
venusinjorts
cool robot dog

Send a message via AIM to venusinjorts Send a message via Yahoo to venusinjorts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Close second would be an experimental art band called The Residents, who I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone has heard of. It's not for everyone, but if you can get past the abrasive weirdness their music is just fantastic.
My 9th grade girlfriend got me into The Residents. They're weird dudes but they rock.

Titus Andronicus was my favorite band for the past 3 years but as much as I love them they just can't hold that spot anymore.

Honestly Pavement is probably my favorite band, which is weird because they were my favorite band 4 years ago before i got into Titus, but like... Malkmus is my dude, and that late 80's/early 90's slacker aesthetic is really just what my life is. (Or i guess the other day my friend said "your aesthetic is like “fun grandma” mixed with “80’s late night stoner cult classic”)

I mostly listen to rap music right now though, and as far as that goes my favorites are:
  • Pusha T (gotta rep my hometown hero)
  • Kendrick
  • Das Racist
  • Greedhead
  • Black Hippy
  • Riff Raff
  • Drake

and then older school stuff like Black On Both Sides and Illmatic are constantly being played because of course.
venusinjorts is offline   Reply With Quote